Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   CPU's and Motherboards (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/cpus-motherboards/)
-   -   No M-ITX boards with 3 or more SATA 6Gb/s connectors? (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/cpus-motherboards/53903-no-m-itx-boards-3-more-sata-6gb-s-connectors.html)

Stosh May 2, 2012 06:20 PM

No M-ITX boards with 3 or more SATA 6Gb/s connectors?

I can't seem to find a M-ITX board with 3 or more SATA 6Gb/s connectors anywhere.

I tried the usual suspects like newegg, amazon, even a general google search.

Anyone know if there might be something coming out soon?

I would think we'd be there already. One OS drive, two backup drives. That's three right off the bat.
And then if you have a second OS drive, you need four of them...

JD May 2, 2012 06:34 PM

Hard drives have no benefit from being on SATA 6Gbps. Only SSDs benefit from it, so unless you plan to run more than 2 SSDs, I don't think you'll have any issues.

elmorejohn46 May 2, 2012 06:39 PM

Are you looking for a intel or amd ,here one that has 3 and it is a micro.
Newegg.ca - ASUS P8H77-M PRO LGA 1155 Intel H77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard I see no mini with three ssd but uless you are going to use three SSD drives then there is no need for SATA6gigs

Stosh May 2, 2012 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JD (Post 626028)
Hard drives have no benefit from being on SATA 6Gbps. Only SSDs benefit from it, so unless you plan to run more than 2 SSDs, I don't think you'll have any issues.

actually the new velociraptor 1tb drive reviews show that the cache is using SATA 6Gb/s.

I plan on getting a pair of those, and I already run windows 7 on an ssd.

Quote:

Originally Posted by elmorejohn46 (Post 626034)
Are you looking for a intel or amd ,here one that has 3 and it is a micro.
Newegg.ca - ASUS P8H77-M PRO LGA 1155 Intel H77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard I see no mini with three ssd but uless you are going to use three SSD drives then there is no need for SATA6gigs

ya, I found a few of the M-ATX boards that have it. but those are 3" bigger per side than the ITX boards, and i'm planning on making a custom case specifically for the smaller sized ITX board.

Rasparthe May 2, 2012 09:21 PM

There are a few on Newegg.

ZOTAC 880GITX-A-E

ASRock A75M-ITX

ZOTAC 890GXITX-A-E

And a bunch of imbedded boards, not sure if that is what you are looking for or not.

ZOTAC FUSION350-A-E

GIGABYTE GA-E350N-USB3

ASRock E350M1/USB3

Hope that helps!

supaflyx3 May 2, 2012 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stosh (Post 626057)
actually the new velociraptor 1tb drive reviews show that the cache is using SATA 6Gb/s.

It uses a sata 6gb/s controller, but it comes NO where near even saturating a sata2 controller. you only need SATA3 for SSDs.

enaberif May 2, 2012 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stosh (Post 626057)

Velociraptors are overrated and not worth the money.

JD May 3, 2012 04:30 AM

I'm not sure why you would build a mini-ITX system to put dual Velicoraptors and a SSD into it though. That is a very unique combination to say the least.

At the very least, build micro-ATX. Still though, you'll be limited to AMD if you want that number of SATAIII ports onboard. Intel only has 2 with the others being on a 3rd party controller in most cases.

Stosh May 3, 2012 04:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rasparthe (Post 626095)
There are a few on Newegg.

ZOTAC 880GITX-A-E

ASRock A75M-ITX

ZOTAC 890GXITX-A-E

And a bunch of imbedded boards, not sure if that is what you are looking for or not.

ZOTAC FUSION350-A-E

GIGABYTE GA-E350N-USB3

ASRock E350M1/USB3

Hope that helps!

ah, figures it would be amd. I didn't mention it, but I meant intel boards.

Stosh May 3, 2012 04:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enaberif (Post 626105)
Velociraptors are overrated and not worth the money.

quite a bit faster than any other 1tb drive with the obvious exception of $3k and up ssd drives.

it even beats the WD RE4 series of Caviar drives by a country mile.