Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   CPU's and Motherboards (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/cpus-motherboards/)
-   -   Intel DZ77GA-70K mobo..anyone using? (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/cpus-motherboards/53665-intel-dz77ga-70k-mobo-anyone-using.html)

ginman522 April 25, 2012 04:05 PM

Intel DZ77GA-70K mobo..anyone using?

I am not one to usually have any interest in Intel branded motherboards, but this new Intel DZ77GA-70K board seems to breaking their ho-hum mold a bit.

This board has lots of features, including new visual bios, Intel 10 channel HD audio, Dual Intel Lan, and of course various superb chipsets. It also wifi and bluetooth for about $225. I have read its built solidly and OC's well. In fact the only bad thing I read was that it takes more tweaking than other boards to achieve super high OC's....but I'm not so sure this is a negative. I do hear intel support is awful for mobo's.

Anyone out there have experience with this board or can point me to a detailed review? I must say this board intrigues me, and has a great price point for its features. It's good to intel stepping up its game with mobo's, and should have trickle down effects to other mfg's.

Check out their new bios here (just ignore that horrible commercial...Youtube SKIP :)

Intel DZ77GA-70K Visual BIOS Overview - YouTube

Intel product page:

Intel® Desktop Board DZ77GA-70K

Nodscene April 25, 2012 06:14 PM

Usually my only complaint with Intel boards is the lack of usb and sata ports. Sure they may not overclock quite as much as other boards (don't think this is as much of an issue lately) but they are rock solid. I'm still running a BadAxeII haha. Here is a fairly recent review...

Intel 7 Series Chipset and DZ77GA-70K Review - Bjorn3D.com

Soultribunal April 25, 2012 07:28 PM

Not that I have that partiuclar model but the MB's they have been churning out have been very well built with much better BIOS Support as of late.
I think they are worth considering, I love my P67,

-ST

Stormscape April 25, 2012 11:01 PM

I'm using one, here's my issues list so far:

Mouse working in the BIOS is sporadic at best. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Thankfully there's a "classic mode" you can go to from the main page.
There is absolutely no granularity in voltage control for the CPU VID. You have 2 choices: Let it scale based on speed (you'll get some wicked high volts at high overclock, had 1.45V at 4.7GHz), or set a static voltage that will NOT scale down if your CPU is idle.
VRM heatsink is very wobbly

Other than those 3 issues, it's been a great board. Definitely don't regret buying it, and hopefully the first two can be fixed with BIOS updates.

terrybear April 26, 2012 12:44 AM

If I can say HardOCP's review of the new chip they also comented about that board & they said as the last poster sugests its got some major issue's that are probly best to pass it by for now for a board of more favorable stability for a IB solution as like they sugested a Asus board.

Soultribunal April 26, 2012 06:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by terrybear (Post 623910)
If I can say HardOCP's review of the new chip they also comented about that board & they said as the last poster sugests its got some major issue's that are probly best to pass it by for now for a board of more favorable stability for a IB solution as like they sugested a Asus board.

All of our IB reviewing was done on that Intel board and from my understanding it did better than other ones in the stable.

-ST

ginman522 April 26, 2012 04:01 PM

I think the problems they were having were from pre-release bios. I think they have iron'd the bios out...but should be wary.

Stormscape April 27, 2012 04:37 AM

I'd like to add to my above comment that I have the latest BIOS (0035) installed on mine and I still experienced those problems.