Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > CPU's and Motherboards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 17, 2012, 02:17 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

ya this sucks if totally true cause i wanted to grab one of these and running it up there in the ghz range but it looks like i wont be able to
Old April 17, 2012, 02:23 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingerbee View Post
ya this sucks if totally true cause i wanted to grab one of these and running it up there in the ghz range but it looks like i wont be able to
I wonder if we're not getting back into the same kind of upper clockspeed limits we hit during the P4 days. I took a lot of education to get off of the mentality that higher clock speeds always equated to better performance.

Maybe the next batch of procs (and it could be that AMD will be part of this) will be selling the idea that 1Ghz is the new 5Ghz..........

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 2X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / 320G Seagate Momentus / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 22" Dell IPS / 1X 22" HP
Old April 17, 2012, 02:40 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by sswilson View Post
I wonder if we're not getting back into the same kind of upper clockspeed limits we hit during the P4 days. I took a lot of education to get off of the mentality that higher clock speeds always equated to better performance.

Maybe the next batch of procs (and it could be that AMD will be part of this) will be selling the idea that 1Ghz is the new 5Ghz..........
That's an interesting thought. I guess only time will tell. If that is the case I'm in the same boat you are having to retrain my brain.
Old April 17, 2012, 03:17 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

oh i know that doesn't mean that i don't try to get it higher and higher anyways lol
Old April 17, 2012, 05:02 PM
Rookie

it is true,
Canada computers has the 3770 in stock, I took this pic yesterday.

Old April 17, 2012, 06:19 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

I just can't wait for more official reviews to hit the web (read this as a HWC review). I have a feeling that its not going to be much different then the other early reviews, but time will tell. Hopefully there will be another stepping in the not to distant future to tweak this rumoured step back with ivy bridge for overclocking.

I am not surprised that there are some issues though, since this is not intel's traditional "TICK" that would just be a die shrink. They have changed the GPU, die shrink, and transitioned to tri-gate transistors. That many changes are bound to have small problems that would not exist if it was purely a die shrink. I am thinking Haswell will be my next upgrade (let the bugs with tri-gate get sorted out first).
Old April 17, 2012, 08:38 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Was this in the display case?

I think I will have to stop by my local Canada Computers tomorrow and see if they have any. I know they can't sell them yet.
Old April 17, 2012, 09:02 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

I think it's going to be fine, Intel means quality. These are just Intel haters with fake reviews lol No way at 95W its going to require watercooling for K series chips, unless something went really wrong, I don't see that happening one bit!
Old April 17, 2012, 09:17 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overclocking.ca View Post
Was this in the display case?

I think I will have to stop by my local Canada Computers tomorrow and see if they have any. I know they can't sell them yet.
nope, I had it in my hands :) they have them in the display case on sale already, you can actually buy one, they don't have the 3770K yet, just 3770. though by now they might have realized their mistake and removed them.
Old April 17, 2012, 10:24 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by bananax View Post
nope, I had it in my hands :) they have them in the display case on sale already, you can actually buy one, they don't have the 3770K yet, just 3770. though by now they might have realized their mistake and removed them.
CC usually doesn't give a crap about NDA's and embargo dates. I'm surprised they're still getting stock before launch. But then again Intel is probably more annoyed with Chinese retailers/reviewers. (in Asia)