Q about real temp by intel and CPUID monitor
Old March 29, 2008, 09:40 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

so should i get real temp or something
Old March 29, 2008, 10:21 AM
F@H

My System Specs

No, the consensus is that Coretemp seems to report most accurately with the e6XX0 cpus. This thing with RealTemp came about because of the e8X00 cpus.
There was some confusion because the original poster said that it was an Intel program, which it is not. We all know that TJMax for the Wolfdales is different than the Conroes, but nobody really knows what it is.

Trust Coretemp for now. HW Monitor is my current favorite, as it also reports min/max temps.
Old March 29, 2008, 10:46 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

I was just concerned about this because i have been having some trouble with games lagging. I have replaced ever piece of hardware in my computer. Now its down to the bios and software and i just can't figure out what the problem is. I have tried Windows XP and Windows Vista no difference. I just figure it out and i am going nuts
Old March 29, 2008, 02:01 PM
Top Prospect

i use speedfan but also because it automatically ajust the fan speed. but i think its a matter of preference

as for your lagging games, i suppose it wasnt doing it before? did you changed drivers lately before or after it occured? maybe you could try a bios reset? you could also scan for spywares and virus, defrag the disk or format the drive if the other options doesnt work.

it would be nice if you could post your system specs, it could help us a bit more
Old March 29, 2008, 02:25 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

how do i do a bios reset?
Old March 29, 2008, 02:28 PM
Top Prospect

it is not the same for every motherboard, but usualy it is a jumper near the battery or called cmos that you move from pin 1-2 to pin 2-3 for about 30seconds and then you put it back to pin 1-2 before booting up your pc. you can also check your motherboard manual, it will certainly explain how to.
Old March 29, 2008, 04:48 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

will resetting bios really do anything tho?
Old March 29, 2008, 08:05 PM
Top Prospect

we dont know, its a possibility. part of trouble shooting is to narrow down possibilities. if you dont try you will never know. its a 30second step, it wont do harm and if you realy want this problem to be solved i think it is in your best interest to try out the solution that we give to you. we work as a team to help you out, pls work with us.

maybe a setting in the bios has changed by accident making your system unstable or slower, so by reseting the bios and leave it by default we can determine if the problem still occures even at stock. because there is no reason that you cannot play games with stock settings anyways. if it still does it then we could move on to the software part and maybe back to the hardware part, wich you didnt explain much. its important for us to know what you did yourself to trouble shoot the problem like what you did when you said you changed the hardware, its important to give details and be specific.

did you updated the bios lately? if not its probably a good thing to do.