Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > CPU's and Motherboards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 20, 2012, 10:43 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Default P8P67-PRO BIOS settings

Hi everyone,

So yeah it's been a little sice I have my new rig. Haven't played that much with the BIOS since I am running it stock. I only disabled Marvell Controllers and one other thing I can't remember to speed up the boot since I only used certain specific SATA ports.

I never looked too deeply on this screen and always kept it at "normal". What the heck is the difference with all the options? I know the little polygon graph changes and gives somewhat a good idea of the effect but at a very high level. Do you think I should put in "performance" settings? Remember, no OC, I am running stock.

Gameplay > Graphics ... oh wait

Food > Gameplay > Graphics > Movies > Sleep > Work
Old March 20, 2012, 11:40 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

I tried changing mine to performance before to see what it did and it seemed as though it changed my bus speed from 100 to 103 which then gave me a tiny over clock but I seem to recall reading we are not supposed to change the bus speed on sandy bridge chips so I put it back to normal with a manual overclock.
Old March 20, 2012, 11:43 AM
F@H

My System Specs

You can do a minor overclock on the bus speeds, but most systems crap out above 103 Mhz. If you had a K chip and a decent HSF, I'd tell you to try the Auto-OC funtion. On my wife's vanilla P8P67 it took her 2600K to 4.3Ghz without me touching a button.