LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 11, 2012, 11:44 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default Intel X79 Boards what do we think?? Intel brand X79 that is

Intel BOXDX79SI LGA 2011 Intel X79 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

Intel BOXDX79TO LGA 2011 Intel X79 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

so the two above boards I have 4 of each for testing... They show up Friday what do people think of the intel branded boards these days? I am a Asus man myself getting swayed by the Blue Lightning Demons at MSI though :P

I am thinking of giving some away later this month, intel boards that is and maybe some CPU's as long as they dont send me those ES models again haha.

So whats the verdict, is Intel building nice boards, ok boards, or total Crap like the old days?

For the LGA 2011 build for personal use I have the following

-4x 2x4GB Corsair 1866 Ram Gifted to me
-2x 7870 Asus Tops
-Tons of watercooling gear
-2 240GB OCZ SSDs for raid 0
-a few different PSU's but I want a new sponsor wanna try something sexier then Thermatake and OCZ
-Case will be something from Bitfenix of course
-3960X CPU got a extra last week thats ES they said clock it to kill it so it should be fun
-lots of other odds and ends.
-This will be my first intel build since .. well my old P3 800, but about my 500th build haha, AMD why have you betrayed us

If you need me the link above is where I spend my days now
Old March 11, 2012, 11:56 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

From what I've been reading about the Intel boards is that they're kind of a hit and miss if you get a good working one or not. Not to say that they're total crap but there's probably better options out there. Also I agree with you about AMD lol they need to release something amazing to catch up to intel now.

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/DarkDivinityPC

I fold for a cure. Team 213366 and 54196.
Old March 11, 2012, 12:23 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Thanks S.A. I know there is better out there, but these are free I just dont want to give them away to people and give them a big headache.

With AMD the Bulldozer is not as bad as we all say it is, I have the 8150 clocked at 4.81Ghz on 8 cores 24/7 and it maxes every game out 60 fps

The wife has the FX4100 Clocked at 4.33Ghz 24/7 and she maxes everything out as well.

But when I used my Intel 2700K system at work my Amd system is just a joke haha the 2700 is so fast when it comes to loading and benchmarks the intel hands down kills the amd but when it comes to real world game play all three CPU's play games the same... maxed right out haha

If you need me the link above is where I spend my days now
Old March 11, 2012, 12:45 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soullessone21 View Post
Thanks S.A. I know there is better out there, but these are free I just dont want to give them away to people and give them a big headache.

With AMD the Bulldozer is not as bad as we all say it is, I have the 8150 clocked at 4.81Ghz on 8 cores 24/7 and it maxes every game out 60 fps

The wife has the FX4100 Clocked at 4.33Ghz 24/7 and she maxes everything out as well.

But when I used my Intel 2700K system at work my Amd system is just a joke haha the 2700 is so fast when it comes to loading and benchmarks the intel hands down kills the amd but when it comes to real world game play all three CPU's play games the same... maxed right out haha
Yea I agree with you I was hoping the AMD FX chips would be great folding performers but sadly that wasn't the case. As for the boards just make sure everything on them works most of the stuff I read is that some things are dead right out of the box like dead memory slots, issues with USB3.0 drivers, issues with video cards, etc. Also not to mention they aren't the best overclocking boards either but hey if I got one free that worked I wouldn't complain

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/DarkDivinityPC

I fold for a cure. Team 213366 and 54196.
Old March 11, 2012, 04:07 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

From what i've seen the Intel boards are pretty decent "main stream" boards. that is to say if you are an avid overclocker go with ASUS, MSI or Gigabyte. One of the main issues i've seen with the Intel boards was something to do with the usb3 drivers causing the system to either crash or not post at all but i think Intel has since fixed that with a bios update. other than that there's not much else to say. Good luck and let us know how you make out. I'll be watching for updates because i'm planning on doing a complete overhaul next month and i'm very strongly thinking about going x79
Old March 11, 2012, 04:46 PM
Allstar

I'm personally a fan of Intel boards. Curently using the BadAxe2 after my Gigabyte board died and haven't had any issues at all....been rock solid. Not that it should be a deciding factor but they are some of the best looking boards as well. Yeah, I'm a sucker for skulls haha. If you end up giving some away (or even selling) please keep me in mind. I'd dearly love to get my hands on one. Been slowly buying parts when I can to upgrade but it's been a year and counting and at this point I'm not too proud to beg :) I can't say too much abou their new boards mind you, although I haven't come across any negative reviews that the latest bios didn't resolve.

If you are looking for a sponsor, maybe you can get Cougar? They may not be the cream of the crop but I'm sure their new Platinum line will be good. I have the GX700 and it's a really sharp looking power supply. Rated just behind Seasonic and Corsair from my reading but does look a hell of a lot better IMO.

Create something idiot proof and they will make a better idiot.

Intel Q6600 - Gigabyte EP35-DS4 - OCZ Reaper 4gig PC2-6400 - XFX 8800GT 512Mb Alpha Dog - AuzenTech X-Fi Prelude - Alesis M1Active MK2 - Corsair HX-620 - Silverstone Temjin TJ05B-X - Scythe Katana 2 - WD Raptor 150Gb - Seagate 7200.11 750Gb x2 - Samsung SH-S203N
Old March 11, 2012, 06:49 PM
Hall Of Fame

test them sell em

then get a proper asus board to overclock

evga e760 +920 4.8 water5.0+ on phase linx stable
gtx285 tri-sli
dfi ut-p35 lt
e8600@4.6 1.38v
too much ram
Old March 11, 2012, 06:58 PM
F@H

My System Specs

I know ST loves his Intel boards. They are solid if you want to run stock, not as fantastic overclocking boards though.
Old March 11, 2012, 07:46 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Ive got the DP67BG board. Sure, I got it because it was cheap (RE deal), but overclocking is fine at 4.6ghz on my 2700k. Temps are good, board is rock solid stable. I had a bad bios that wouldnt overclock, but a quick update and no worries all is well.

Intel gets their boards manufactured by several 3rd parties; Foxconn and MSI off the top of my head, and their may be more. I'm sure their warranty/RMA support is great too, as it is with their CPU's.
My Disclaimer to any advice or comment I make;
Quote:
Originally Posted by CroSsFiRe2009 View Post
I'm a self certified whizbang repair technician with 20 years of professional bullshit so I don't know what I'm talking about
Old March 12, 2012, 08:32 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by zsamz_ View Post
test them sell em

then get a proper asus board to overclock
Not true anymore. If you did some research you would find that with their new BIOS's they do very very well overclocking.

Personally speaking if I want a board that I can confidently put into a build without worry I use intel.
I still have family members with X38's, 35EC's still running strong.
I find they last the longest, mostly the Foxconn built units. Which is why I used to go with Some Foxconn boards back in the day.

I still use and love ASUS, but their RMA Dept knows me well :)

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com