Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > CPU's and Motherboards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 9, 2012, 08:07 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Default Gigabyte RMA is not so good...

OK, so I was told by gigabyte RMA dept. if I had not received an update via email by today, then to call back and ask for an update. So that's exactly what I tried to do, now the number is going straight to voice mail, so I try and do online tech support...the site isn't working, so now what ? sit and wait? I am going mental I think (GF agrees) this is the longest I have ever went without gaming/overclocking and I am having withdrawals or something ha ha ha. Just wondering if gigabyte is having problems, and if anyone who works for them/does reviews for giga would be able to help me out hopefully.

Last edited by Adzsask; March 7, 2012 at 07:08 AM.
Old February 9, 2012, 02:56 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Not that I am aware of , or if there are they are hiding well.

You could always ask Soullessone and see if he could help you?

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old February 10, 2012, 08:48 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Well, finally got ahold of the RMA dept, got the same story as last week, 3-5 business days in the shop then it will be returned, so hopefully this time is for real, and I will get my board sent back.
Old February 10, 2012, 09:49 AM
F@H

My System Specs

I may still have the number of the rep at GB that helped me out with my RMA that seemed to be having issues. If yours isn't cleared up I can look for it and fire you a PM.
Old February 10, 2012, 12:51 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arinoth View Post
I may still have the number of the rep at GB that helped me out with my RMA that seemed to be having issues. If yours isn't cleared up I can look for it and fire you a PM.
I'll wait until Monday night, and if by then I haven't received and email, I will take you up on that offer, also for future reference for anyone looking for some additional help with gigabyte, I have been told tweak town has a rep or two on their forums.
Old February 13, 2012, 02:04 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Yay for tracking number, boo for USPS. Last few things I have received from the US using USPS got hammered with duties, tarrifs, tax, I'm hoping I won't have to dispute it, and I will because I didn't purchase anything, simply a warranty repair/replacement. Probably lost over 200K folding PPD by the time I am running again. Hope customs see's lots of the RMA address and it gets through quickly (got through customs, and to the repair place in CA US from SK Canada in 40 hours)
Old February 13, 2012, 02:16 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adzsask View Post
Yay for tracking number, boo for USPS. Last few things I have received from the US using USPS got hammered with duties, tarrifs, tax, I'm hoping I won't have to dispute it, and I will because I didn't purchase anything, simply a warranty repair/replacement. Probably lost over 200K folding PPD by the time I am running again. Hope customs see's lots of the RMA address and it gets through quickly (got through customs, and to the repair place in CA US from SK Canada in 40 hours)
I had to RMA a 560Ti last summer, and I didn't pay any duty/fees. I hope it's going to be the same for you!

Back up - Ebay (Inik1) or Heatware
Old February 13, 2012, 03:47 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inik View Post
I had to RMA a 560Ti last summer, and I didn't pay any duty/fees. I hope it's going to be the same for you!

i had to pay duties on my last gigabut rma

evga e760 +920 4.8 water5.0+ on phase linx stable
gtx285 tri-sli
dfi ut-p35 lt
e8600@4.6 1.38v
too much ram
Old February 22, 2012, 02:56 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Well got my board back... last gigabyte product I buy after 1 month wait, then comes back with damage(looks like someone slipped trying to mount the board, scratched some pathways on the back, and now I can only run 1/2 my RAM. This rig ran for 2 years on the RAM previously with all slots filled, now will freeze within 1 minute of booting unless I pull 1/2 my RAM sticks out ;(. Not going to RMA and be without a PC for another month, I will just buy ASUS from now on.This is all at stock clocks to, just going to run @ stock for the first time ever and limp this board along until I replace it.
Old February 22, 2012, 07:51 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I have 2 pending cases with Gigabuttholes that I need to deal with tomorrow do you want me to take a swing at yours to see if they can advance ship you a replacement board?