Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > CPU's and Motherboards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 17, 2008, 03:46 AM
Top Prospect

Default AMD B3 stepping to hit the market in a few weeks!!

Here is what I found this morning on techpowerup.com:

AMD Updates Desktop CPU Launch Schedule
AMD is planning to launch B3 stepping quad-core Phenom 9050 series CPUs including 9850, 9750, 9650, 9550 and 9150 within the next 1-2 weeks, however the top-end 9850 will only reach a core frequency of 2.5GHz, instead of the original goal of 2.6GHz. The company expects to be able to deliver higher core frequencies in the third quarter this year, according to DigiTimes citing sources at motherboard makers. AMD will later launch triple-core Phenom 8750, 8650 and 8450 CPUs with power consumption of 65W scheduled for April. Prior to that, the company will launch the Athlon 64 X2 5800+ to fill the gap in the mainstream market. For the dual-core CPU market, AMD will launch the Athlon 64 X2 5600+ Black Edition and 4600+ by the end of March and will follow with Phenom-based Athlon 6250 and 6050 CPUs by the end of the second quarter. The company has also informed customers that final orders for Athlon 64 X2 6400+, 6000+ and 5600+ (89W versions) will be taken till the end of March.

source : techPowerUp! News :: AMD Updates Desktop CPU Launch Schedule

I want to see some spider platform reviews now, the chipsets are working, the video cards run good with the latest drivers allowing crossfireX and the 'ok working' CPU's are on there way. Please...somebody review a complete spider system!
Old March 17, 2008, 07:33 AM
Quadfather

My System Specs

I'd love to, but I'm waiting for a little higher stock speeds from the Phenoms. I was hoping to buy a 3.0Ghz stock Phenom X4 and run a comparison against my 6000+ to see just exactly what improvements the new architecture and extra cores give me. Also, I'm waiting for a random $2k to fall into my lap to buy the necessary upgrade for my system (CPU,Mobo,RAM,2 CrossfireX video cards). Maybe in the summer, okay? hehe.
Old March 17, 2008, 06:48 PM
Top Prospect

Nice plan you got there. I'am in the same situation with my X2-5600+, wich runs at 220 Mhz Fsb and is verry stable, for a phenom, i already have a crossfirex capable video card. I want to see if it is worth the money to upgrade my mother board, memory and CPU. But for now Phenom's performance is not valuable enough for the money to invest in the upgrade.

UNLESS the complete spider system works so well when put all together, that it would justify the investment. As of now, I have not sean thos spider system reviews. Alle I see is Intel processors running the benches ont AMD/ATI video cards.

We want reviews!! with the overdrive sytem tested as well as crossfireX running to identical cards, or two mismatched cards. Running on ddr2-1066 memory. With a good quality PSU and A nice cooling solution, with a blue ray dvd to test the high defenition decoding capabilities of the latest 38xx radeon series video cards, Lets use this nive cable called HDMI. That would make for a great HTPC/Gaming system!! AMD has all the tools, we wan't to see if they where really designed to be optimised for working all together!