My Specs for a brand new computer:
Intel core i7 2600k
Asus P8Z68v-pro/gen3
Gskill 2gbx4 ddr3 ram @2133mhz
Corsair Force series GT 120gb for Os
Western digital portable 1TB external storage
Lg dvd writer
Coolemaster Cosmos II(New one released)
1gb Ati graphic card(Gpu maybe 6770 or lower)
600 watt psu
18.5 inch led monitor(Going to get the best one available)
A ups for giving backup for at least 5 min so that i may turn it off if electricity goes off

Now i want to have a sound system for all round performance .It's sound quality should be high end and it should be between 5000watt to 7000watt(Please suggest since i am confused in chosing a sound system.)
It is full and final.If any ting missing please tell me.
Thanks
Old January 8, 2012, 08:41 AM
Hall Of Fame

First a 18.5" monitor is a waste of space and money; get a 22" minimum.

5000w sound system? haha ok.
Old January 8, 2012, 10:01 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

have fun with those ruptured eardrums and broken windows along with a $500 ticket

but a 18.5 inch screen is pointless you need atleast a 22 as already stated
Old January 8, 2012, 03:36 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

A couple things seem off to me, but this is because I don't understand what you will be using the computer for.

If it's intended purpose is to have high performance all around, then you're bottlenecking severly in the graphics department with a 6770 if you want to play games. For reference the newest AMD APU will have something very comprable to a 6770 onboard.

The i7 is not that much better than an i5 for many users, such as gamers and casual users. If you're using many multithreaded apps then by all means kick ass with an i7.

The i7 "k" series is overkill for most users as you do not need to overclock an i7 to get some awesome performance. You can kick bf3's ass without overclocking an i7 one MHz (with the right vid card). If you are overclocking then you should consider an aftermarket cooling solution such as a corsair all in one liquid cooler, or a kit from Daz.

The 2133 mhz memory kit may also be overkill unless you plan on doing something very seroius with your machine. The difference in memory bandwitch for most users between 1866 and 2133 mhz is negligable as it does not bottleneck most systems/users. For many gamers, for example, spending the same money on 1866 memory with very tight timings will increase playablility more than loose timings on 2133 memory.

The cosmos 2 case is 350 bucks and does not offer better air cooling than many cheap ~ 150 dollar or less cases. The cosmos 2 case is more oriented towards watercoolers. And unless you're doing some very seroius crunching on your computer I would say not to overclock or fill up the case with a bunch of noisey fans (although your soundsystem will drown out everything but a nuke).

5000 watts for a sound system is just plain overkill. You would be better off to go buy premium audiophille (not computer) speakers, and spend the money where it counts; the drivers. Get a couple of good B+W 10'' bins and a 500 watt (not 5000) watt system and you'll be good. For example, a very very loud band would only need 2x15'' bins with sub horns at a maximum 1000 watts for a PA system.

If you could please edit the post and tell us what exactally you're going to need it for (i.e. gaming, workstation, video/photo editing), and if you need it professional or not, and then hopefully we can give some suggestions on how to optimize performance for your needs without spending an arm and a leg! :D
Old January 9, 2012, 01:16 AM
Banned

The sound system i am getting is for bachelor parties and not going to be used for desktop.
This system is a workstation since i am a engineer and for some time i will be using 6770 and when i get my salary i will directly upgrade to gtx 590 or any new gpu from nvidia.
Old January 9, 2012, 10:56 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
Gskill 2gbx4 ddr3 ram @2133mhz
did I read this correctly? You'll be getting 4 sticks of 2GB ram? Don't do that. Get 2 sticks of 4Gb dual channel ram. It allows for more expandability in the future.

HTPC: Z77A-G45; 3770K; Coolermaster GeminII; 2x4GB Kingston HyperX 1600Mhz; MSI R7-260X; 2x 128GB Crucial M4 SSD; 1TB WD Green, 2x 2TB WD Green; PC P&C 750W PS; Fractal Design Node 605;
Son's Rig: M5A97; 1055T; CNPS20LQ; 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz; ASUS GTX650Ti Boost; 80GB Intel 520 SSD; 320GB WD Black HDD; SPI 700W; Bitfenix Shinobi;
Old January 9, 2012, 11:36 AM
Hall Of Fame

Are you actually buying a dvd writer ?

If so , spend 50$ more and get a super-multi-blu-ray/dvd/cd burner.

Old January 9, 2012, 01:47 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
The sound system i am getting is for bachelor parties and not going to be used for desktop.
This system is a workstation since i am a engineer and for some time i will be using 6770 and when i get my salary i will directly upgrade to gtx 590 or any new gpu from nvidia.
Excellent. Then I would also suggest keeping the 2333 MHz memory but try and get, as previously suggested, 2x4gig dimms. I heard somewhere it's faster too by <-> this much. Something about n vs 2n? Can someone confirm/deny 2 dimms are faster than 4(by a small small margin)?

If you are doing workstation thingys on your i7 then I would strongly suggest spending extra money on an aftermarket cooling solution. Either a tower cooler , all in one water cooler, or a full blown water kit. The air cooler will overclock pretty much the same as a water cooler, just with potentially a lot more noise and dust. The i7 2600k is known to overclock pretty easily.