Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > CPU's and Motherboards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 17, 2012, 09:19 AM
Top Prospect

7 zip / Cinebench 10 - Revisited up!! Next up is Diablo 3 Beta results!!
Old March 1, 2012, 05:00 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingerbee View Post
wow this was never an attack but you took it as one. your only online post are nothing but amd reviews of the 8150 which says to me your fronted by amd why else would this be the only one's you have posted and i ask a question which you completely ignored i truly love the fight of the cpu's which you seem to take personal please know i want you to show me against your's ( benchmarks )that make sense.

why is it that your the only one getting the results like this and i ask again what are your setting and what tweaks if any
More like a fanboi CHERRY PICKING his data to support his pov. I stopped and laughed when the OP stated the 8150 could trade blows with Intel. Treat it as rantings and raving of fanbois and enjoy the show gingerbee. :)~

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old March 1, 2012, 06:04 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I do i just had high hopes for amd with BD and hopes it would make intel come back even stronger but now it just intel make it's own way
Old March 3, 2012, 03:26 PM
Top Prospect

I only ever said it trades blows in a specific benchmark , only you on your own came to the conclusion that i meant in all scenarios when this was obviously not what i meant.

Bad news everyone, my ASUS Crosshair V is officially DEAD. I will be purchasing :

GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD7 AM3+

With:

Geil Evo Two DDR3 - 2400 Mhz (2x4Gb)
(10-11-11-30)

--or --

Corsair Dominator GT DDR3 - 2133 Mhz (2x4Gb)
(9-11-10-27)

I am learning for simply the better ram, their prices are near identical.

By I am leaning more towards the Geil (I have had really bad history with Corsair except for their PSU's, that is three individual cases of faulty ssd / ddr3 ram)

Help me choose which ram I should get! I would love to get your guys' opinion on this! ^^

Also, I will be redoing my benchmarks with Windows 8 Consumer Preview!

Stay tuned for this Upgrade. and Results! Thanks for all the support and everybody's patience! ^^

Vote now here

AMDFX
Old March 3, 2012, 04:21 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

You aren't just gonna RMA the board? o_o
Old March 3, 2012, 06:03 PM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0mad View Post
You aren't just gonna RMA the board? o_o
Ill RMA then sell it on ebay or kijiji new ^^, Or decide to keep it , depends.
Old March 3, 2012, 07:14 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

From what I've seen people are able to overclock higher on that board..
Old March 3, 2012, 09:06 PM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0mad View Post
From what I've seen people are able to overclock higher on that board..
which
Old April 4, 2012, 09:09 PM
Top Prospect

Here are some pics of my new motherboard + ram together. New Post with New benchmarks April 20th.

---

Exit
ASUS Crosshair V +
4 Gb Gskill 2200 CL7

---

Enter
GA-990FX-UD7 +
8 Gb Team Xtreem 2400 CL9

The first thing that came to mind when I first laid eyes on my new Gigabyte 990FX UD7 board was that it was quite the beautiful board. Much respect for the simple PCIE 16x slot latches, the Crosshair V uses a more traditional type, and sleek heatsink design.

EDIT: It should be noted that I received a revision 1.1 board from Newegg Canada, and that it does have Load Line Calibration (LLC) controls in the bios.

The new Team Xtreem DDR3 ram has a cheap but cool looking reflecting sticker, but what is most appealing are the stats: 2400 Mhz @ Cl9, which is only surpassed by Corsair's grossly overpriced and discontinued Dominator GT dual channel flagship memory.

The memory height is not found online, and could be helpful to potential buyers.

Team Xtreem memory height : 52mm

Promlatech Genesis allowed height: 54mm

So this is awfully close to the tallest ram you could use with this cooler. I have seen Dominator GT ram at a height of 54mm barley fitting underneath the heat sink, found here, and a 53 mm Corsair Vengeance stick here.

I am hoping to hit 2600 Mhz speeds with these sticks overclocked, and see exactly where 8 gb benefits over 4 gb with an AMD setup. We shall see in the weeks to come!
Old April 4, 2012, 10:41 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Hope you got the newest revision... First batch of those boards did not have LLC