Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > CPU's and Motherboards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 12, 2012, 04:01 AM
Top Prospect

haha!! you should test it yourself! i am flattered though really hah. (If you were serious :P)
Old February 12, 2012, 05:48 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

now your set up is so unique your getting results that no one is getting and your asking me to prove you wrong your posting mixed review your the one trying to prove something and i am ask to see it replicated is all or what if any tweaks you have done i mean how many times must ask for what your bios setting or windows are if i were the one posting a review that my chip did better then any other at a lower setting even if it was only at 4.6 you have to have it not be a freak of nature it has to be repeatable there's a reason behind it being so
Old February 12, 2012, 05:54 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by polyzp View Post
haha!! you should test it yourself! i am flattered though really hah. (If you were serious :P)
I did, but my cooler is NZXT HAVAK 140, and this is my only 2nd ever AMD set up, the first one was a 1055T and I had to rma it and never really used it. I can't get it passed 4.6 ghz without going over 60 degrees. I was very serious, I really enjoy your review.

I just wanted to see how it compares to as appose to the 8 cores. Currently it runs beautifully at 4.23ghz at only 1.375v volt with llc at the 2nd highest.
Old February 12, 2012, 08:19 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

and just to be clear i have asked cause i was thinking about getting another 8150 and i am hunting down all info i can and yours is grouped from others not just yours that's why i asked for your settings and also wondering why your only post are about the 8150 all over the net. wanting to be sure this is un bias
Old February 12, 2012, 04:46 PM
Top Prospect

If you think my results are a "freak of nature" because they are "too good" or something, thats just untrue. I am fully willing to give my bios settings, and will make a later post on this. You still haven't been specific about which benchmarks seem way off from "what they should be", and what exactly this "what they should be" really is .
Old February 12, 2012, 05:52 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by polyzp View Post
If you think my results are a "freak of nature" because they are "too good" or something, thats just untrue. I am fully willing to give my bios settings, and will make a later post on this. You still haven't been specific about which benchmarks seem way off from "what they should be", and what exactly this "what they should be" really is .
can you please help me achieve better clocks like yourself?

I have 990fxa-ud3 rev1.1
fx-6100
NZXT Havak 140 with both fans on
G.SKill ripjaws x 1600 mhz 2x4 gig 7-8-7-24 1.6v 2T

Please give me some suggestions
Old February 12, 2012, 07:35 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

there not crazy way off there just a big jump from hard ocp 4.6 clocks that's one reason i ask and yes i would love to have your setting thanks that was all i was asking that and it brothers me cause your only post all over the web are return of the fx 8150 hence why i asked if your fronted by amd if so i can't really trust your review i like independent review and that my only reason since your now kinda being a dink about it i was never pissed or accusing you off so if your a new member bringing good new i hope to see more if not see ya around but have a nice day
Old February 12, 2012, 07:38 PM
Top Prospect

im sorry if you took that personal but i wasnt reffering to you personally. I appologize. I will do a post on my oc settings as well in the future!

Which benchmark in hardocp is off from mine?
Old February 12, 2012, 10:26 PM
Rookie

How about we link to the exact same garbage posted on other tech sites? Seems like this thread would go down faster that way...

Return of AMD FX: My OC'd AMD FX 8150 with OC'd 6990 Review - First Results Up! - Page 13 - AnandTech Forums

hell, stratch that, see the one on OCC. Good for lols. :D

Return of AMD FX: My OC'd AMD FX 8150 with OC'd 6990 Review - - OverclockersClub Forums

I could go on and look up on what has happened on the other sites... but there's no need. :)
Old February 13, 2012, 04:17 AM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Doe View Post
How about we link to the exact same garbage posted on other tech sites? Seems like this thread would go down faster that way...

Return of AMD FX: My OC'd AMD FX 8150 with OC'd 6990 Review - First Results Up! - Page 13 - AnandTech Forums

hell, stratch that, see the one on OCC. Good for lols. :D

Return of AMD FX: My OC'd AMD FX 8150 with OC'd 6990 Review - - OverclockersClub Forums

I could go on and look up on what has happened on the other sites... but there's no need. :)
hahaha, stop acting like im trying to cover this up! So what i posted on other websites? If you have a problem with my post then at least go about expressing it in a constructive manner, or not at all. I actually invite people to take part in discussion across numerous forums, no harm in this. You fail to make even the slightest point by linkining to ooc and anandtech haha.