Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > CPU's and Motherboards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 18, 2011, 11:22 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

ASUS Crosshair V Formula Thunderbolt Motherboard
Old December 19, 2011, 12:55 AM

As many have already said, the wiser choice is a 2500K/2600K. If you must have an 8150, the Crosshair V overclocks dramatically better than the other 990FX boards I have used.

For faster (and official) NCIX service please contact our customer care team at www.NCIX.com (Canada) or www.NCIXUS.com (USA)

Heatware: http://heatware.com/eval.php?id=25647
Old December 19, 2011, 06:13 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

990fx sabertooth
Old December 19, 2011, 07:32 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

sabertooth is a very annoying board and I really didn't like working with it. Crosshair V ROG is an overclockers Dream I promise you. You can use another computer (my cheap assed laptop) to gain access directly to the motherboard VIA a special USB connector. This allows you to boot, reset, reset CMOS, and power off. You can also increase the fsb and play with the voltages WHILE you are benchmarking. Here is the advantage to doing it with the ROG connect from another computer.

When you find a stable OC you can slowly decrease the voltages until it is unstable but it DOESNT save in the bios so the computer will always reboot for you with the OC you set manually in the bios. Once you find a stable setting with the other computer you can manually set it and begin tweaking again. It saves many many hours of hard locking reboots and OC'r really shouldn't have to deal with.

Now that said... the only reason I bought the Crosshair V was because my other AM3 board failed and I was really hoping the BD wasn't gonna be complete garbage. I don't care what your buddy says... the 1090t will destroy thier best BD hands down. Those super high overclocks your seeing all over the net are done with LN2 pots and disabling all but one core.
Mah Rig now
Mah Rig before
My stuff for sale.
Old December 19, 2011, 07:48 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linus View Post
As many have already said, the wiser choice is a 2500K/2600K. If you must have an 8150, the Crosshair V overclocks dramatically better than the other 990FX boards I have used.
Thank you so much for the anwser.