Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   CPU's and Motherboards (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/cpus-motherboards/)
-   -   MB with Intel CPU socket 1155 (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/cpus-motherboards/49418-mb-intel-cpu-socket-1155-a.html)

Mir December 14, 2011 01:36 PM

MB with Intel CPU socket 1155
 
I am trying to find Mother board with Floppy drive, Com Port and IDE port; Only Asrock make MB with IDE and Floppy Controller but no Com port, any reason why ?

Soultribunal December 14, 2011 01:40 PM

Obsolete technology I'm afraid.
ASRock too is usually the only one to include Legacy connectivity in there products.
For this one I am afraid you are out of luck. Unless you drop back to a used earlier CPU platform.

-ST

Soullessone21 December 14, 2011 02:12 PM

why not just get pci serial and usb disk drive?

Mir December 15, 2011 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soullessone21 (Post 579931)
why not just get pci serial and usb disk drive?

Extra Added Cost,
Using a Slot PCI
I am tring to keep it simple and little bit lower on COST.
What push me away from AsRock, 1 year warranty, where every body is going to 5 year.
I would love to go with Asus cause they RAM is local in GTA :)

enaberif December 15, 2011 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mir (Post 580348)
Extra Added Cost,
Using a Slot PCI
I am tring to keep it simple and little bit lower on COST.
What push me away from AsRock, 1 year warranty, where every body is going to 5 year.
I would love to go with Asus cause they RAM is local in GTA :)

warrant?y meh.

if it works after a month then its fine. motherboards are one of the few things to ever have problems

Mir December 15, 2011 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enaberif (Post 580353)
warrant?y meh.

if it works after a month then its fine. motherboards are one of the few things to ever have problems

Well let see.....
About month ago I had to RMA the Gigabyte MB after 1 1/2year for bad built in Ethernet Card.
1 year ago I had to RMA Gigabyte MB with 2 3/4 year ......
My Evga Video card start having Artifact after 3 years .....
So I like to have a local warrantty (GTA) cause sending states like 20-25 dollor Bill

Soullessone21 December 16, 2011 08:43 AM

Sorry I have to agree with MIR I see at least 75-200 dead motherboards a month at our service center lots of them in year 2 or 3. that being said we see about 1000-2500 dead Hard drives a month mostly seagate thank god their rma team is the only thing good in that company. What about going with FM1 to get what you need? I'm sure there is some other options out there?

Mir December 16, 2011 09:18 AM

Well, I really would need to stick around with Intel Platform. I have some proprietary applications; which run much better on Intel Platform). Any other platform they often crash or put some heat on CPU, Memory and Chipset.
Since my computer usally run 16-18 Hrs a day so I rather run cooler:blarg:
My current have system have all the legacy stuff I need 4 GiG with Xeon 3100 is chuging along just fine....

Mayoo December 16, 2011 10:21 AM

Might I ask why do you need all that?

Floppy: Transfer the floppy to a USB key using an old computer
COM: COM to USB converter (No need for PCI)
IDE: Why?

But if I only refer to your original post, just get the COM to USB converter with that mobo you found and it's done!

Vista 64-Bit Compatible 12 inch FTDI CHIP DB-9 Serial Adapter High Speed USB SERIAL RS-232 USBG-RS232-F12 LOW PRICE $11.14

Thanks.

Mir December 16, 2011 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mayoo (Post 580571)
Might I ask why do you need all that?

Floppy: Transfer the floppy to a USB key using an old computer
COM: COM to USB converter (No need for PCI)
IDE: Why?

But if I only refer to your original post, just get the COM to USB converter with that mobo you found and it's done!

Vista 64-Bit Compatible 12 inch FTDI CHIP DB-9 Serial Adapter High Speed USB SERIAL RS-232 USBG-RS232-F12 LOW PRICE $11.14

Thanks.

I need IDE for my Custom Firmware IDE Optical Drive; which allow me to do stuff; which normal optical drive won't let you.
I have old softwares which work fine with Native com ports. Other wise I have two or three different Kind of com port; cause not a single can offer what I need. It is simple for me to get a built in com port.
They only port I can let go is LPT port!


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:40 AM.