Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > CPU's and Motherboards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 4, 2011, 08:54 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Default Asrock Extreme 3 Gen 3

Does anyone have this board? I have weird issue since installing it. I sometimes don't get LCD signal on post and have to reboot or shut down to fix issue. Running a Sapphire 5870. I tried 2500k at stock speed to make sure my OC wasn't the problem with same result. I'd appreciate some feedback. Thanks

Last edited by JerryZ; December 4, 2011 at 11:25 PM. Reason: mistake
Old December 4, 2011, 09:14 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

That to me sounds more like a Cold boot issue with the Video card than with the mother board.
If I get what you are saying at least.

I would try and borrow or swap your video card out first to see if that corrects the problem.

Old December 5, 2011, 01:26 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

One other thing I noticed with this board is that turbo mode @ 4ghz gives it 1.25 volts which I find a little high. At 4.4 ghz is gives it 1.385. Is that normal ? I was having issues with OC on this board when i changed anything but turbo mode.
Old December 5, 2011, 01:49 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Every CPU is different though in the amount of vCore it will need to be stable on its OC.

It might be a bit high but its probably still within spec.

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com