Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > CPU's and Motherboards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 10, 2012, 10:32 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Anybody try running their ram in the #2 (black) slots instead of the red ones? Thinking about it purely from an esthetic standpoint. I think my black ram would look better in the other slots, that's all.
Old March 16, 2012, 06:15 PM
Rookie

This looks awesome!
Old August 6, 2012, 05:08 AM
Rookie

Default Limited RMA,s

I thoutht I had what I though was a great motherboard 5.4 Gy board mhz @ 1.475v although when I sent me back a unworking motherboard and when I sent it back ASUS sent me ba a destryed SOCKET on the motherboard with more then 30 pins crushed. So all I can say about ASUS is will see you in "COURT". So if I was you and you can though away a $500 motherboard go for it but if cannot. Buy another ASUS. I would buy a MSI , EVGA ,Gygabite are a few that are as good ASUS is not the company it once was.
Old August 6, 2012, 09:29 AM
Allstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarJ View Post
Anybody try running their ram in the #2 (black) slots instead of the red ones? Thinking about it purely from an esthetic standpoint. I think my black ram would look better in the other slots, that's all.
Get some with red ehat spreaders and put the black ones int he red slots and the red ones in the black slots
Old August 6, 2012, 10:39 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadburn View Post
I thoutht I had what I though was a great motherboard 5.4 Gy board mhz @ 1.475v although when I sent me back a unworking motherboard and when I sent it back ASUS sent me ba a destryed SOCKET on the motherboard with more then 30 pins crushed. So all I can say about ASUS is will see you in "COURT". So if I was you and you can though away a $500 motherboard go for it but if cannot. Buy another ASUS. I would buy a MSI , EVGA ,Gygabite are a few that are as good ASUS is not the company it once was.
Im sorry but what? that post made no sense
Old August 9, 2012, 06:00 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadburn View Post
Quit yer whining.

This is the second 'extreme' series ASUS motherboard I've been burned (ouch ! hot NB) by.The first was the striker extreme.The Rampage IV extreme is the second , but this time I was not blameless.

Do you know how I am handling it ?

I dropped my RMA and I bought another rIVe .

I'm going to stud it with sensors and try to kill it again , in an effort to help ASUS build a better motherboard......And listen , I got a lot of good help from ASUS people.

Muahahaha....I had the first setup doing 120kppd WIN7 folding...for 7 months straight.

heh.

Old March 10, 2013, 12:02 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Bit of a necro, but I have spent the last few months with my RIVE and 3930k, both watercooled and have to say it is the best platform I have used bar none. Paired it up with a Corsair Dominator Cas9 2133 4x4G kit and a Samsung 840 Pro 256 and it is smooth as silk and gaming with 2 GTX 680s is sick. After 13 years building rig after rig, I can honestly say that I am satisfied with performance and also the first time expectations have been exceeded. If I had to gripe, it would be basic Intel buggery since AMD fell off. I guess I was spoiled by Intel actually having competition and giving everybody what they wanted. I figure if X79 did not get stripped of so many features before launch I probably would never have bought another enthusiast class chipset again from lack of need, now I guess I wont do it because Intel screws with them too hard. I guess my next purchase in the "enthusiast" category will be solid 6Gbps RAID controller.

After messing with CPUv offset I settled in at 4.8Ghz @ 1.38Vcore and all speedstep features are working perfectly.
Old March 10, 2013, 12:28 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Turtle, yer makin me jealous! Glad your system worked so well for you. It doesn't always pan out that way does it?
Old March 10, 2013, 12:48 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Thanks! It was a marathon build, but completely happy with it. Still have some sleeving to do and going to build my own Slight panel, then will post pics. It is in Murder mod #22 :)

Might move it to my MKII when it arrives, not sure yet. Will see what is on the market in the summer.
Old March 11, 2013, 02:47 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Still running mine today as well, love it. Quite honestly the best board Ive ever reviewed / owned.

Running RIVE with a 3960X, 32GB of Mushkin Redline, and a GTX 670. 5Ghz at 1.4v

Ivy Bridge hardware been sitting on the shelf for 8 months.
Quote:
Originally Posted by turtletrax View Post
Bit of a necro, but I have spent the last few months with my RIVE and 3930k, both watercooled and have to say it is the best platform I have used bar none. Paired it up with a Corsair Dominator Cas9 2133 4x4G kit and a Samsung 840 Pro 256 and it is smooth as silk and gaming with 2 GTX 680s is sick. After 13 years building rig after rig, I can honestly say that I am satisfied with performance and also the first time expectations have been exceeded. If I had to gripe, it would be basic Intel buggery since AMD fell off. I guess I was spoiled by Intel actually having competition and giving everybody what they wanted. I figure if X79 did not get stripped of so many features before launch I probably would never have bought another enthusiast class chipset again from lack of need, now I guess I wont do it because Intel screws with them too hard. I guess my next purchase in the "enthusiast" category will be solid 6Gbps RAID controller.

After messing with CPUv offset I settled in at 4.8Ghz @ 1.38Vcore and all speedstep features are working perfectly.