Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > CPU's and Motherboards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 3, 2011, 07:59 AM
Rookie

My System Specs

Default IntelBurnTest Linpack error - what should I do?

Hi,

To make sure my new PC is working correctly, I ran IntelBurnTest last night with the 'maximum' setting with 5 'times to run', and it failed with a Linpack error. I don't recall the exact wording of the error. The test did complete all 5 iterations. The strange thing was that the 5 results that IBT produced were all consistent: the numbers all matched. Windows was working fine afterwards. My system is not overclocked.

Prior to this, I had run IBT about 5 times with the same settings and never received an error. Afterwards, I ran MemTest86+ over 8 hours with no errors, and Prime95 Blend overnight with no errors. I then re-ran IBT with the same settings for 10 passes and did not see the same error.

Would you say this one error was a fluke? What should I do?

System is not overclocked:

Core i5 2500K
Coolermaster Hyper 212 Plus CPU cooler
Corsair AX850
Asus P8Z68-V PRO
eVGA GTX 460 1 GB
Mushkin 2x4 GB RAM
Intel SSD 320 120 GB HD
Corsair 650D case
Windows 7 x64
Old November 3, 2011, 08:18 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

If you can't recreate the issue, I'd say fluke. If it pops up again in the near future, I'd say you're the incredibly unlucky owner of a defective CPU.
Old November 3, 2011, 01:19 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilya View Post
If you can't recreate the issue, I'd say fluke. If it pops up again in the near future, I'd say you're the incredibly unlucky owner of a defective CPU.
Would you say if I can run a pass of IBT again with, say 20 times, and then P95 overnight, I should be good? I'm not overclocking.