Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > CPU's and Motherboards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 12, 2011, 04:29 PM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Win 8 Retail = Q4 2012.

And don't think for a second that Sandy Bridge won't have the same benefits once the switch is made.
Old October 12, 2011, 04:29 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Thanks Mac.

Even with a price drop, most of us will need a new psu to overclock the failzor.

5.0ghz failzor and 2 superclocked gtx 480?

?

Old October 12, 2011, 04:47 PM
MVP

My System Specs

This should sum up bulldozer for everyone!!! :-D

Old October 12, 2011, 04:48 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Well after all the wait to see what bulldozer would actually do I guess the only question now is... when does Intel release 2011? :p
Old October 12, 2011, 04:50 PM
Allstar
F@H

Never thought I'd say this: But I'm glad I'm too busy on course to build a rig right now cause if I'd have waited for bulldozer I'd be SLIGHTLY RAGE FILLED!!!!! lol
A Veteran, whether Regular Force, Reserve or Retired- is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank cheque made payable to the Dominion of Canada for an amount of "Up to and including my life"
-Author Unknown
Old October 12, 2011, 04:54 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

So, when it the AMD closing sale event?

Martin_metal_88
Colenzo : See system spec!

Odysseus : I7 860 @ 3.6Ghz || GA P55-UD5 || G.skill Ripjaws F3-16000 2000Mhz 2X2GB || Coolermaster ATCS 840 || Silverstone Strider plus 850W || WD 640 black - WD 1TB green - Samsung F3 2TB || MSI 5670 1GB Cyclone ||Coolermaster Hyper 212 + ||

Old October 12, 2011, 04:59 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neolithium_Wpg View Post
Never thought I'd say this: But I'm glad I'm too busy on course to build a rig right now cause if I'd have waited for bulldozer I'd be SLIGHTLY RAGE FILLED!!!!! lol

Wait for bulldozer, it comes out in a few months.

Oh wait.
Old October 12, 2011, 04:59 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Yup, They should fold up the CPU div and concentrate on how to F'up on the GPU div. LMAO
Old October 12, 2011, 05:05 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Wow now if it was 10 months ago I would have been excited, as it is MEH comparable to a 10 month old cpu.

Glad I didnt wait around for BD.

Sure it does alright in multithreaded but how much is multi threaded in use now? It is gaining dally but by the time the software get to where the BD can shine how old will this CPU be?

I will still be keeping my eyes out for the next revision though, might be some goodness there but IDK Intel's tick-tock is coming (heh with tick-tock Intel's always got something going) and they seam to be on a much better path/plan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
My knuckles are bleeding from fishing through walls a new CAT6 network cable... I found fresh, untapped electrical outlets...
"It's all in the Reflexes"-Jack Burton
Old October 12, 2011, 05:29 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supergrover View Post
Wow now if it was 10 months ago I would have been excited, as it is MEH comparable to a 10 month old cpu.

Glad I didnt wait around for BD.

Sure it does alright in multithreaded but how much is multi threaded in use now? It is gaining dally but by the time the software get to where the BD can shine how old will this CPU be?

I will still be keeping my eyes out for the next revision though, might be some goodness there but IDK Intel's tick-tock is coming (heh with tick-tock Intel's always got something going) and they seam to be on a much better path/plan.
Yuppers, I have no idea what to think about this anymore.
We need AMD to keep Intel Honest, or we won't have competitive pricing nor competitive designs.
Its not good when this happens, and I can only hope they get there act together soon or its going to be dark days ahead..

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com