Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > CPU's and Motherboards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 3, 2011, 09:25 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Default ASUS P8P67 Pro Motherboard Noise

Anyone ever get high pitched sounds coming from their motherboard around the CPU/DIMM slots? kind of a high squealing sound, not overly loud, but loud enough to make you open the case to see what's going on.
Old October 4, 2011, 07:22 AM
F@H

My System Specs

I have from time to time on a few different boards. Usually power delivery noise, most of the time its nothing to worry about.

If everything else is working fine you should be okay, but sometimes it might sounds like the board but in fact it is comming from your PSU or GPU which are far more common.

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old October 4, 2011, 08:47 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Thanks for reply, yeah i figured as much becuase they are the usual suspects but just seemed strange becuase i pin pointed the noise with a hose to be coming from around the DIMMS/CPU, hoepfully its nothing, maybe the gigabyte gods are getting me back for switching to ASUS, man i loved my giga boards.
Old October 4, 2011, 09:07 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjpd1983 View Post
Thanks for reply, yeah i figured as much becuase they are the usual suspects but just seemed strange becuase i pin pointed the noise with a hose to be coming from around the DIMMS/CPU, hoepfully its nothing, maybe the gigabyte gods are getting me back for switching to ASUS, man i loved my giga boards.
Could be the power delivery filtering 'noise' from your PSU as well. What kind do you have in your system?
Maybe get a Power conditioner for the house too?

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old October 4, 2011, 10:20 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soultribunal View Post
Could be the power delivery filtering 'noise' from your PSU as well. What kind do you have in your system?
Maybe get a Power conditioner for the house too?

ST
Sorry did you mean what kind of PSU? It's a Corsair HX750, the rest of my parts should be in my sys specs as well

Thanks again, it's probably nothing, I'm just one of those guys who needs everything perfect, if i hear a noise i need to know where it is coming from and why, probably because my last rig didn't make a sound :)