asrock is owned by asus
No, it's not.
Old October 3, 2011, 06:39 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by burebista View Post
No, it's not.
Not any more. They were owned by ASUStek up until 2008. ASRock - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

As far as ASRock quality goes, i've had a few of their boards and have never had any problems. Heck, i still have an old socket 939 that's runs like a champ lol
Old October 3, 2011, 06:50 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Asus and Pegatron Group are part of the same coporation, ASRock is run by Pegatron but at the end of the day they are all under one roof, so IMHO you could say Asus owns ASrock. Honestly I would go with the asrock, heard too many MSI horror stories.
Old October 3, 2011, 07:23 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by mo' power View Post
Is it possible that there was some sort of defect in that particular line of boards? I happen to be at the other end of the spectrum. I built three systems using the P55 GD80 (one of them being my own). My board now resides in my girlfriend's rig and the other two are still running flawlessly. I wouldn't hesitate to buy msi boards from the intel line. I can't comment on amd boards or processors as I have never bought or built an amd rig.

Had it just been those, and had it just been me throughout the circle of people I know then I would chalk it up to bad (really bad luck) on my part. But, that still doesn't excuse the CS I received (and I am always diplomatic, I never yell).
And with the issues some others have had, I just don't take the risk.

They are not alone, my ASUS 785TD-V EVO boards, I bought 10 of them. Over the course of a year 3 had failed. What makes the difference? I had replacements, no questions asked in less than 5 days for each.

-ST

EDIT - Don't get me wrong Mo, I'd be willing to try them again maybe sometime in the future once something is appealing. Its just hard to trust them again.

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com

Last edited by Soultribunal; October 3, 2011 at 07:55 AM.
Old October 3, 2011, 09:39 AM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

I dont have a huge experience with MSI but my Z68 Extreme4 has been treating me extremely well, it OCed extremely well, never got a single BSOD since day one, setting up RAID and Intel SRT was a joke, bottom line I would buy another ASrock board anyday.
Old October 3, 2011, 12:34 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

I have a similar ASRock board but the P67 edition. It has served me very well and made overclocking easy as bronze league in SC2.
Old October 7, 2011, 04:57 AM
Banned

Good to know these two are decent. If I was deciding between two, I still wouldn't know which to pick, though. :)