Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > CPU's and Motherboards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 27, 2011, 06:49 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Default Help please

G'day guys,

Can anyone please tell me what CPU usage they are getting in BC2 with a i5 2500K at stock

I am getting around 92% CPU usage at all times with a GTX580 at 1080p

Is this normal? I know BC2 is a sucker for quad cores but I don't recall even my i5 750 being utilized this much?

Thanks in advance
Old September 27, 2011, 08:05 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Anyone??????
Old September 27, 2011, 08:10 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Have you checked Task Manager to make sure it is BC2 that is utilizing all of the 92%? Or how are you seeing this?

I have a i7 920, and I dont ever remember it utilizing this much horse power. There is definitely something else going on here, and its not your 2500k bottlenecking the 580.
My Disclaimer to any advice or comment I make;
Quote:
Originally Posted by CroSsFiRe2009 View Post
I'm a self certified whizbang repair technician with 20 years of professional bullshit so I don't know what I'm talking about
Old September 27, 2011, 08:15 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagath View Post
Have you checked Task Manager to make sure it is BC2 that is utilizing all of the 92%? Or how are you seeing this?

I have a i7 920, and I dont ever remember it utilizing this much horse power. There is definitely something else going on here, and its not your 2500k bottlenecking the 580.

Without BC2 running, system just idles perfectly at 0 - 2% cpu usage in task manager

As soon as you get in game in sits at 90% usage, I've read many others say they sit around the same amount as well but I just found it hard to believe since the i5 750 didn't utilize this much CPU

I mean the frames are awesome and max load game temps are at 60' so everything is perfect except for me understanding why it is using so much CPU when the slower quad core didnt use as much??

And thanks for replying btw
Old September 27, 2011, 08:28 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Poorly coded games can sometimes eat up CPU cycles like no tomorrow with one architecture and run perfectly fine on another. Happens a lot with console ports, blame lazy game developers.

But if you really want to get some more information I suggest you at least get into resource monitor (or a third party equivalent) and check exactly how much the game is using in relation to your GPU usage.
Old September 27, 2011, 08:37 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilya View Post
Poorly coded games can sometimes eat up CPU cycles like no tomorrow with one architecture and run perfectly fine on another. Happens a lot with console ports, blame lazy game developers.

But if you really want to get some more information I suggest you at least get into resource monitor (or a third party equivalent) and check exactly how much the game is using in relation to your GPU usage.
Yeah i hear ya, thanks for the suggestion, I would have checked the usage against GPU and all other areas but it was 1am and had work early, will test it all tonight :) cheers