Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > CPU's and Motherboards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 6, 2011, 07:54 AM
Rookie

OCZ Technology - OCZ 2G DDR3 1333 PC3-10666 KIT REAPERX DCHNL OCZ3RPX1333EB2G (Ashlin.ca) at BEST PRICE im in luck then i have this ram 2 strips of 2g
and this would fit into the above board i mentioned ?
Old September 6, 2011, 07:59 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertz View Post
OCZ Technology - OCZ 2G DDR3 1333 PC3-10666 KIT REAPERX DCHNL OCZ3RPX1333EB2G (Ashlin.ca) at BEST PRICE im in luck then i have this ram 2 strips of 2g
and this would fit into the above board i mentioned ?

OCZ is actually discontinuing their RAM lineup (thankfully) so I would not get that.

Find some G.Skill (Great and Cheap) Ripjaws X or perhaps Corsair XMS3. Budget ram that is very capable from companies that have great support on their product.

And the Silencer (original series) were amazing PSU's. You're perfect there.

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old September 6, 2011, 08:13 AM
Rookie

just to get an idea if this is what i would need

processor : Intel Core i7-2600K

motherboad : Asus P8Z68-V PRO

memory : ocz 4 gb ddr3

gfx : asus 480

psu : pc P & C 750w

does that sound like it would all work together and bit future proof for a couple of years ?
Old September 6, 2011, 08:17 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soultribunal View Post
OCZ is actually discontinuing their RAM lineup (thankfully) so I would not get that.

Find some G.Skill (Great and Cheap) Ripjaws X or perhaps Corsair XMS3. Budget ram that is very capable from companies that have great support on their product.

And the Silencer (original series) were amazing PSU's. You're perfect there.

-ST
i already have that memory in my machine at the moment mate so could i continue to use it in my future machine ?
Old September 6, 2011, 08:36 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertz View Post
i already have that memory in my machine at the moment mate so could i continue to use it in my future machine ?

Ahh okay, then yes go for it. It should in theory work (though I have always had compatibility issues with OCZ) ,some boards like em, some boards don't.

Worth a shot though.

As for the rest of the setup, sounds pretty solid
Nothing is future proof but that should give you a year or two at least. Maybe a GPU upgrade when Kepler launches from nVidia.

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old September 6, 2011, 08:42 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soultribunal View Post
Ahh okay, then yes go for it. It should in theory work (though I have always had compatibility issues with OCZ) ,some boards like em, some boards don't.

Worth a shot though.

As for the rest of the setup, sounds pretty solid
Nothing is future proof but that should give you a year or two at least. Maybe a GPU upgrade when Kepler launches from nVidia.

-ST
good man thanks you very much for you help and imput, what started with just a cpu post has turned into a new rig

might change that mobo though havent really looked into one which is good for that chip
Old September 6, 2011, 09:06 AM
Hall Of Fame

you better chek the voltage on your ram
might have to run slower speed for 1.65v

evga e760 +920 4.8 water5.0+ on phase linx stable
gtx285 tri-sli
dfi ut-p35 lt
e8600@4.6 1.38v
too much ram
Old September 6, 2011, 09:23 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by zsamz_ View Post
you better chek the voltage on your ram
might have to run slower speed for 1.65v
not sure how u do that but thanks for the pointer i will look into it once i start getting the parts