Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > CPU's and Motherboards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 9, 2011, 09:25 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Default New crosshair V wont boot into windows

I can't get my new motherboard to boot past the first windows screen BSOD but it is too fast for me to catch the error code. was using an MSI 790fx gd70 1055t and nh d14 cooler. OC'ed to 3.9, idle temps high 20's load high 40's. I am able to get into the bios and the cpu temp is showing 43 now on stock clocks. Ram is being detected but nothing is working to get this to boot. I really am not sure how to proceed. I updated the bios using a thumb drive but to no avail. According to the ASUS site all my parts are compatible and I should be plug and play and ready to go. I am also using a first gen ocz vertex drive as my boot drive. Can anyone help me? 250 for this board and I feel like I am going to end up switching back to my other board. Any help will be appreciated.
Old September 15, 2011, 08:06 AM
Rookie

I'm having the same problem with a new CrossHair V and RAM+CPU from an older build.
CPU is AM3 which should be fine. RAM not so sure though (but can't see there being an issue; it's from a 1 year old stock pc).

At first boot the Crosshair was lighting up the "memory" LED, so I took them out and reinserted with a bit more force. Then the light went away.

Now repeatedly I get a BSOD after a few seconds on the W7 boot screen. Then it restarts continously. I tried repairing the Windows to no avail.

What's the smart thing to do here?

Last edited by alexgm; September 15, 2011 at 08:13 AM.
Old September 15, 2011, 03:12 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

Id try with only one stick that way you could know if its possibly a dead stick, if it does not work then id possibly try to borrow a friends ddr3/buy a more recent set.
Old September 15, 2011, 06:40 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

what mode was your boot drive in on your old board? because when i got my sabertooth i had a similar problem. i then looked in the bios and saw it was in sata mode stock unlike my old board that was in ide mode stock. so switched it to sata went to microsoft support site and down loaded a fix to switch my win7 drivers to switch to sata. rebooted into bios switched that to sata again rebooted now im completely fine.
Old September 16, 2011, 05:37 AM
Rookie

I simply reinstalled the OS and all is now fine.