Should I wait?
So I want to upgrade my comp and I bought a couple of new things like a 570gtx and 750w PS but I wondering if i should wait on getting the 2500k and a P67/68 board. With bulldozer and sandy bridge-E coming maybe this year if they ever get released should i just hold off and wait. Im sitting on a stock Q6600 so i would defiantly be an upgrade ether way. I plan on doing a moderate overclock on the 2500k if i get one but i might just buy a CPU cooler and OC my Q6600 but if i wait for the LGA 2011 socket will my Cooler going to still work when i upgrade or do we know if the mounting options will be similar to current generations.
dozer maybe, -E will cost 4 arms and 3 fifth legs.
right now 2500k of course. itll probably go down in price with dozer on the shelves, but i dont see it dropping more than 20%.
at least right away
get the ud4p z68,its on special again at ncix
If you're waiting for Bulldozer, you should be OK if you get a cooler that's also compatible with AM3 / AM3+. If you pick out a cooler that is compatible with a current AM3+ motherboard, then you can upgrade to Bulldozer and keep your cooler. Intel? I doubt it after seeing coolers have to change brackets for 775, 1156, and 1366.
MSI AM3+ CPU Support
As for the CPU, are you bottlenecked in anything you do with your computer? I was, which is why I changed from a Phenom 9950 (which was only slightly overclocked because Phenom 1 was not a good clocker) to a Core i5 2500k. However as a victim of the Cougar Point chipset recall, I'll also remind you that if you get a Sandy Bridge platform now, you get a little bit of peace of mind given that the P67 has been around for over half a year in the market. If you get a Bulldozer or Sandy Bridge E on release day, you may need to go through a few iterations of driver and BIOS updates for strange little bugs.
at the moment im pretty sure im bottlenecking my 570gtx. im probably going to wait till i get back to school in september to buy since its only a couple of weeks away.
were you talking about this board?
NCIX.com - Buy Gigabyte P67A-UD4-B3 ATX LGA1155 P67 DDR3 2PCI-E16 2PCI-E1 2PCI SLI SATA3 USB3.0 Motherboard - Gigabyte - GA-P67A-UD4-B3 - in Canada
any other recommended boards?
yup,ud4.good bugger :)
'xcept its the z68 we was tolking 'bout
NCIX.com - Buy Gigabyte Z68X-UD4-B3 ATX LGA1155 Z68 DDR3 2PCI-E16 2PCI-E1 2PCI SLI SATA3 USB3.0 Motherboard - Gigabyte - GA-Z68X-UD4-B3 - in Canada
Oc the quad and wait if u can ..of I was in ur shoes I would
Q6600 is still a good CPU, OC it and wait for Bulldozer, or if you happen to have a couple thousand bucks lying around wait for SB-E
where did you find that on the sale page because i certainly couldn't find it.
oo found it for 6$ cheaper here should be able to price match with NCIX though still not sure if im going to buy it now or wait another couple of weeks though i don't think the price will change much in that time
Gigabyte P67A-UD4-B3 ATX LGA1155 P67 DDR3 2PCI-E16 2PCI-E1 2PCI SLI SATA3 USB3.0 Motherboard - DirectCanada
|All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:39 AM.|