Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > CPU's and Motherboards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 22, 2011, 10:10 PM
MVP

Default Replacement motherboard needed!

My friend need to replace the motherboard in his laptop (asus N61JQ) and honestly I must admit this is way out of my comfort area! looking for a replacement motherboard does it have to be the exact same asus uses or can a range of boards fit this laptop? If so what should I be looking for? size standards?

Also where would I be able to find such things other than ebay? any etailers carry laptop motherboards?

thx a bunch ahead of time guys!
Old June 22, 2011, 10:20 PM
Banned
F@H

first of all, look up warranty.

if none, then look up THE EXACT part number AND revision number
(dot something or dash something can and will make a difference)

and then pray you havent missed something that was bad and you thought it was the mobo

and pray that taking it appart and back together goes well.

most of the time if the mobo or even screen goes, unless youre quite practical,not worth it

having said that there are a number of sites which show yo ua step by step process into taking

lappies apart. have a bookmark with a toshiba one, not sure bout asus though :)