Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > CPU's and Motherboards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 10, 2011, 09:02 AM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Not dual bios LB.

You arent loading an OC profile or anything after cmos clear right?
Old June 10, 2011, 10:33 AM
Rookie

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldonko View Post
Not dual bios LB.

You arent loading an OC profile or anything after cmos clear right?
Not loading any OC profiles. I don't even have any setup on the system.

The CMOS seems to get cleared successfully using the jumper, since all the settings I had setup (e.g. RAM timings, etc.) reset to "Auto" afterwards. But as soon as I load optimized defaults, the system reboots a couple of times, and then the BCLK is set to 104, and Multi is set to 44 again.

Does "load optimized defaults" still OC the system even if TPU is off? Or is the OC applied by "load optimized defaults" independent of the TPU?

Eldonko, or anyone else, can I ask for a big favour? Do you have a P8Z68-V PRO you could turn off TPU/EPU, reset CMOS, and load optimized defaults? If the default OC is just something that all of these boards do, then that's fine, but if it is something wrong with my board I would like to know so that I can RMA it.

I'm using a Core i5 2500K, if it makes any difference. I'm thinking that "Load Optimized Defaults" should set BCLK to 100, and Turbo Multi to 34.

Thanks

Last edited by Tempstar; June 10, 2011 at 10:42 AM.
Old June 10, 2011, 10:43 AM

When you load defaults OC Tuner should not be enabled. Are you sure the TPU switch is off (ensure no LED)? If it is on then that is why auto oc is kicking in. If I remember correctly the manual had the TPU switch backwards so you have to make sure there is no led and you will know it is off.
Old June 11, 2011, 09:15 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Quote:
When you load defaults OC Tuner should not be enabled. Are you sure the TPU switch is off (ensure no LED)? If it is on then that is why auto oc is kicking in. If I remember correctly the manual had the TPU switch backwards so you have to make sure there is no led and you will know it is off.
Bingo. Thanks Eldonko! I checked the mobo and sure enough, the TPU light was on and the EPU light was off. I switched off the TPU and the defaults now correctly load non OC'd settings.

Thanks again!
Old June 13, 2011, 09:24 AM

No problem. They have the switch backwards in the manual so go by the LEDs. cheers
Old November 22, 2011, 05:02 AM
Trial Member

My System Specs

I had that problem yesterday and noticed that manual was back to front for these setting.

If i turn off the TPU/EPU can I still manually overclock? Since I did read somewhere (Can't find it now) that either the TPU or EPU when enabled for OC'ing can cause instability problem.
Old August 4, 2013, 02:06 AM
Trial Member

Quote:
I have 3 P8P67 LE motherboards 1 of which has the TPU switch itself in backwards. The other 2 match the manual.