Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > CPU's and Motherboards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 6, 2011, 09:40 PM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Default ASUS Sabertooth P67 Sandy Bridge Motherboard Review Comment Thread

With most of the focus of the last month or so on the Z68 launch, P67 chipset may have taken a back seat but the motherboards based around it are still highly appealing. The ASUS Sabertooth in particular is a unique P67 board which sports a great price along with high end features....

[ Read full article ]
Old June 6, 2011, 10:13 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Since this is the Sabertooth line, I do wonder why ASUS didn't implement their TUF armor on the 990fx as well since it seems to have been pretty impressive...
Old June 6, 2011, 10:18 PM
Banned
F@H

nice,love the tactical armor thingie

interesting bit about the 50mm fan..will any slim ones fit? does it need to push a lot of air(for a 50mm) to ensure
actually make a difference?

'Moving up the left side of the Samertooth...' on page 8.

' fit on the P8Z68-V Pro we i' on page 9.
Old June 6, 2011, 10:35 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by _dangtx_ View Post
nice,love the tactical armor thingie

interesting bit about the 50mm fan..will any slim ones fit? does it need to push a lot of air(for a 50mm) to ensure
actually make a difference?

'Moving up the left side of the Samertooth...' on page 8.

' fit on the P8Z68-V Pro we i' on page 9.
It is actually on more than just the page 9, I found it on 2 pages 9 and page 2 I believe, no biggie getting caught up in 2 reviews I would say.

Still reading and digesting the review Zac but a quick question that is quite basic: Can you relabel the temp sensors in the AI suite?

I am sure I will have one or two more questions later.....

Edit: Was the drooping voltage measured in just CPZ? I notice the reference to no measurement points.

Was the 120mm fan pointed down or on a 45* on the memory? Or was it positioned facing front to back in front of the memory? Just wondering since I have been thinking of pairing this with a V10 that downdrafts across the memory and wondered if this is roughly the same type of configuration.

Not that there is much for high cfm's on 50mm fans but what was the cfm of the fan used? Just more of a random question.

Have they fixed the resume from sleep issue with the beta bios you are using? Again not a biggie since I hardly ever use sleep anymore since I have moved to ssd's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
My knuckles are bleeding from fishing through walls a new CAT6 network cable... I found fresh, untapped electrical outlets...
"It's all in the Reflexes"-Jack Burton

Last edited by Supergrover; June 6, 2011 at 10:49 PM.
Old June 6, 2011, 11:09 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Very nice HWC review as always.

I figured they put those typos there on purpose, to see if we are actually reading the reviews... where is Waldo type of a thing .

Same page (page 6) as "Samertooth" you also have "TUD armor". Speaking of which, though it makes the mobo look very polished, I would still get rig off it.

edit: The MIL Spec's components have always peeked my attention, though I hope ASUS marketing won't get into the "Aircraft Aluminum heat-sinks" racket, though one never knows.

Last edited by EmptyMellon; June 6, 2011 at 11:23 PM. Reason: I can't spell either
Old June 6, 2011, 11:12 PM
Hall Of Fame

nice review

i got the board
the armor thingy is just a gimmick but looks nice
putting a fan on pwm is more beneficial than the armor 50mm bracket
i was impressed with pwm power delivery

solid board

evga e760 +920 4.8 water5.0+ on phase linx stable
gtx285 tri-sli
dfi ut-p35 lt
e8600@4.6 1.38v
too much ram
Old June 6, 2011, 11:14 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Man that's tempting me even more to get SB...
Old June 6, 2011, 11:28 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Does anyone knows whether the next ivy bridge cpus will be compatible with these current P67 boards?
Old June 7, 2011, 06:20 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT7R View Post
Does anyone knows whether the next ivy bridge cpus will be compatible with these current P67 boards?
There shouldn't be a change on the high end and lower until Haswell is released. However, Sandy Bridge E (Extreme Edition SB series) processors will use the 2011 socket.
Old June 7, 2011, 06:54 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Would love to see the armor on "P8Z68-V Deluxe" equivalent with dual Intel nics...