Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > CPU's and Motherboards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 13, 2011, 11:22 AM
Top Prospect

Nice review!

My Sabertooth P67 has been treating me well...no complaints here. :)
Old June 13, 2011, 12:15 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

As far as I know they arent fixing that. That OC Tuner and 2500k result is 1 chip I tested and doesnt mean that if you tried a 2500k it wouldnt be stable. And if you use OC Tuner really all you have to do it increase vCore by 0.05v or so manually and you are fine.

Not a reason to hold on buying a board in my opinion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocyaic View Post
the original review said there were some issues with the 2500k

"However, as we saw in the P8Z68-V Pro review, when we tried a 2500K, OC Tuner was not giving quite enough voltage and the system would freeze up under load."
Old June 13, 2011, 01:00 PM
Rookie

Thanks for the advice :D. I actually already bought the board (open box 150dollars) and was trying to decide what CPU to purchase hehe.
Old July 25, 2011, 01:17 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Alright I have had this board for about a month now nice board solid overclocker but my biggest gripe is with the software.

The thermal radar app gives you tons of control over your fan profiles allowing you to use 1-3 temperature readings to define the fan speeds, great. The next tab takes you to temperature monitoring tones of temperature sensors great.
The voltage tab lists cpuvcore, 12v/5v/3v/.

WTF? thats it not even dimm voltage? It is a great little app for monitoring and controlling but falls flat on its face on voltage monitoring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
My knuckles are bleeding from fishing through walls a new CAT6 network cable... I found fresh, untapped electrical outlets...
"It's all in the Reflexes"-Jack Burton
Old July 28, 2011, 08:06 AM
Rookie

I've actually been getting some BSOD's and not sure what is to blame. I had my i5 2500k OC to 4.6 when it started happening. Figured it was a bios setting doing it so i just went to the turbo boost and it ran fine for about 2 weeks. However, now it gave me another BSOD while playing Age of Conan, and i am not sure why it is happening. Will watch to see if it happens again and report back with more information.
Old July 28, 2011, 08:21 AM

You sure your oc is stable?
Old July 28, 2011, 11:33 AM
Rookie

I removed the OC. I did however let the Mobo do the "turbo boost" or what ever term is used for the autooverclock ability it has.
Old July 28, 2011, 11:56 AM

OC Tuner may not be 100% stable for a 2500k. If you get any more bsod go back to stock and see if you still get em. Probably just oc is not stable