LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 28, 2011, 07:00 PM
Banned

Default SLi coming for AMD chipsets

You Asked for It, You Got It: SLI for AMD NVIDIA
Old April 28, 2011, 07:34 PM
F@H

My System Specs

We had a post about this a while back. Older news now.

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old April 28, 2011, 07:36 PM
Banned
F@H

thanks for the re heads up maite
Old April 29, 2011, 05:05 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soultribunal View Post
We had a post about this a while back. Older news now.

ST
I know it was rumored, just wanted to put the first official notification of it out there. Personally I hope the Bulldozer chips + SLi mobos mark a return to having real choices when building a PC.

My 980a/PhenomII 965 makes an OK platform for a single card, but is a bottleneck for my multi GPU sets.
Old April 29, 2011, 05:59 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by The RealRollo View Post
I know it was rumored, just wanted to put the first official notification of it out there. Personally I hope the Bulldozer chips + SLi mobos mark a return to having real choices when building a PC.

My 980a/PhenomII 965 makes an OK platform for a single card, but is a bottleneck for my multi GPU sets.
Fair enough, well it will be nice and anyone who knows me here knows that I have bitched about that since AMD dropped the nVidia Chipsets, and since nVidia stopped making decent ones.

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

Old April 29, 2011, 06:29 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Ssadly, Nvidia fell on their faces HARD after the NF4 chipset, nothing has come close since, no matter what platform they tried to support. I wouldn't hold my breath for anything groundshaking since I don't believe Nvidia's heart is in chipsets so they are not likely to make much of an effort in my mind.
Old April 29, 2011, 04:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1lk1 View Post
Ssadly, Nvidia fell on their faces HARD after the NF4 chipset, nothing has come close since, no matter what platform they tried to support. I wouldn't hold my breath for anything groundshaking since I don't believe Nvidia's heart is in chipsets so they are not likely to make much of an effort in my mind.
These are AMD chipsets, NVIDIA is just licensing SLi to them. (like they do Intel) So you'll have AMD motherboards with both CF and SLi as options, just like on intel boards.

If the new AMD chips are competitive on performance, we'll all have the first real option we've had in years. This could be big.
Old April 29, 2011, 09:48 PM
Top Prospect

Thanks for the link. I suppose with nvidia being out of the chipset market, I'm not entirely surprised by this. Anything nvidia can do to enable SLI on both major platforms just brings in more business for them, IMO. (i.e. AMD users can go SLI instead of just settling for a single nvidia GPU).
Old April 29, 2011, 11:34 PM
Banned
F@H

yup. instead of you clicking a certain free program twice to get sli going on your amd motherboard,they will
save you those 2 clicks :)
Old April 30, 2011, 07:20 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by _dangtx_ View Post
yup. instead of you clicking a certain free program twice to get sli going on your amd motherboard,they will
save you those 2 clicks :)
And the headaches associated with trying it.

ST