Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > CPU's and Motherboards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 26, 2008, 04:10 PM
Rookie

Default P5N-E SLI 45nm BIOS in about a week - Anandtech

Hi guys, always been lurking around these forums and reading reviews on this site, but finally decided to join up and become an active member.

Anyways, I had a couple threads up at Anandtech and Xtremesystems.org telling my story of overclocking the E8400 Wolfdale on my Asus P5N-E SLI motherboard and I failed miserably.

The board just wasn't ready (bios) to support the Wolfy yet.

I got in contact with an Anandtech editor, who wrote an article on 45nm cpus and motherboard compatibility, which many of you have probably read, and asked him if he had heard anything about bios updates for the P5N-E SLI.

He told me he hadn't heard anything other than what people already knew, which is that the 650i SLI chipset will see support for 45nm cpus, but only those board manufacturers that want to support it will have support for it.

I received an email the other day from this Anandtech editor who was happy to inform me that he spoke to Asus engineers and they said a bios should be ready in about a week!

I'm thrilled to hear of this because I was starting to think they either wouldn't release one or they just weren't ready to release one for this motherboard in the near future.

Can't wait!

:D