Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > CPU's and Motherboards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 9, 2011, 08:20 PM
Rookie

Default Budget Sandy Bridge motherboard

Can someone recommend a budget ~$100-$120 Sandy Bridge motherboard to me please?

It will be used for light gaming and movies, no Crossfire or SLI and no overclocking either. Just need a basic mobo that can perform, save power and reliable.

Currently the Asus P8P67-m mATX board looks good. Is there is a cheaper but basically the same board from Gigabyte or MSI? I've tried reading the specs off them but there are too many and I can't tell the difference!
Old March 9, 2011, 08:25 PM
Banned
F@H

if you dont need the extra features and dont care much about clocking, giga,asus etc have decent value boards. just do a quick search on
dc for exemple :

Gigabyte H67MA-D2H-B3 mATX LGA1155 H67 DDR3 2PCI-E16 2PCI-E1 SATA3 USB3.0 HDMI Motherboard - DirectCanada

you cant oc with this one. at all.
Old March 9, 2011, 08:26 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Gigabyte, MSI and ASUS value motherboards should all be nearly identical feature wise.

Just make sure it's using the B3 revision of the chipset. Otherwise you'll be buying a defective board.

If a full-size ATX board is okay, I'd go with the GIGABYTE GA-H67A-UD3H-B3. Though by the sounds of it, any H67-based board should do you fine. No need to spend the money on a P67 if you aren't overclocking or doing dual graphics cards.
Old March 9, 2011, 08:57 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Any H series you wont even need to buy a dedicated graphics card, however you will have no overclocking available at all. P series you get overclocking but no on board graphics.
Old March 10, 2011, 04:08 PM
Rookie

Ok thanks guys I guess i'll go for the Asus p8h67-m LE board, its got all i need :)

So many boards and yet it seems so hard to tell the difference, they need to have a format where boards can be compared with specifications side by side.
Old March 15, 2011, 12:53 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by beginnerbuild View Post
Ok thanks guys I guess i'll go for the Asus p8h67-m LE board, its got all i need :)

So many boards and yet it seems so hard to tell the difference, they need to have a format where boards can be compared with specifications side by side.
I'm looking to get an extra Asus P8H67-M LE as they are super inexpensive. $100 or less sometimes!