Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > CPU's and Motherboards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 24, 2011, 01:03 PM
Rookie

Wink ipib-lb mother board poblems:(

hey guys my hp went down , powers up but sends no video. tried 3 different vid cards , not even on board video works. i saw this post when looking for a fix for mine. i was wondering if you know possible reason for this or better yet, is there a better motherboard i can purchase that i can put all my memory hd/ps ect... and just build a new comp. im not super savvy in this but if the mother board had its own chip set where i can just put my core/arctic silver and stuff in there it would be awesome! thanks guys. :))
Old February 24, 2011, 02:08 PM
Banned
F@H

oh, the ole asus hey?

well, start taking out ram sticks.

change ram slots.

could be psu as well.

disconnect the psu from the wall, from the motherboard, short green+black with a wire and electrically duct tape it so it doesnt fuggle
around, all the while having the hdds,cd roms etc connected(but not the mobo, and that includes the 4 pin power connector)

if those run, then you know that at least your 12v rail is fine

whats your budget for the new pc? you can keep your ddr2 if you w=go with a low end celeron e3300 or amd 785g or something board.
and your dvd...hdd...

preferbaly it'd be better to build compeltely fresh

ps welcome abord
Old February 25, 2011, 12:28 AM
Rookie

Wink thanks man glad to be here:))

yes thank you for the help .the psu is working fine.as for the price i was range im hoping i can find a mother board for around 100$ im sure the factory board wasn't that much lol. i would start fresh but i just hate giving up all my old stuff its only a year old i have a 750w psu, 4 gigs of ddr2 a dual core and a 512 mb nividia card. so if i could use all of it in a motherboard it would be my first choice.wouldnt you agree? i mean if i start all over im looking at at least 400$ for a whole new comp with all that. i was thinking it might be the onboard video causing the problem like their laptops. do you have any info on the board ,have ppl had problems with them? thanks for all the great help!!:))
Old February 25, 2011, 04:28 AM
Banned
F@H

try a g41 from gigabyte? make sure not to get the-t version, thats ddr3.

or even the g31. both are fantastic overclockers, for their price range
Old February 25, 2011, 02:17 PM
Rookie

Red face thank you!

thanks for sending me to new egg!:) is over clocking very important? i mean as far as speed? i have found a few different mobos i'm thinking about. i was also wondering if i should get one without the onboard video , thinking thats 1 less thing to go out. and if i get a gfx card anyway, would it make since?lol told you i was a newb hahaha:)P i kind of like both of these boards does one stand out to you? also, i saw they have usb 3.0 out. i would like to have it also if it would make a big difference in file transfer speed. they dont have a mobo with ddr2/usb 3.0 on the site but , i thought maybe i coud get a pci e card. do you think it would be a good investment? i realy apriciate all you insight!

Newegg.com - Intel BOXDG43GT LGA 775 Intel G43 HDMI Micro ATX Intel Motherboard

Newegg.com - BIOSTAR P43-A7 LGA 775 Intel P43 ATX Intel Motherboard -- i kinda like this one.

thank you so much again!!:))