Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > CPU's and Motherboards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 23, 2011, 05:33 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charloz24 View Post
Please explain your position, because I have 2 Gigabyte P67 boards (UD3) and I will replace with something else. Asus seems to be much more good to deal with the P67 problem than Gigabyte. They offer cross ship option when corrected boards will be available. With Gigabyte, I have absolutely have to deal with the place I bought the board. And the online site that I ordered the board will refund me, but they must have the board before the end of march. So no cross ship option for me, so at the end of march I will have my 2 computers down until newer boards will be available :(

Second, Gigabyte is slow in BIOS fix... on the Asus side they seems to fly on that matter.
My issue is with their pretty crappy customer service over the phone as well as their lack of support with regards to their own software (AI Suite). I've yet to be able to install their application suite and it's driving me nuts as I would like some of the functionality it provides.

It doesn't appear as though that any of the other manufacturers are in a much better position though, so I may have nothing to switch to, although I am considering MSI, but never used them before so not sure how they will be.
Old February 23, 2011, 05:50 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eluder View Post
My issue is with their pretty crappy customer service over the phone as well as their lack of support with regards to their own software (AI Suite). I've yet to be able to install their application suite and it's driving me nuts as I would like some of the functionality it provides.

It doesn't appear as though that any of the other manufacturers are in a much better position though, so I may have nothing to switch to, although I am considering MSI, but never used them before so not sure how they will be.
Probably a moot point, but have you flashed to a newer bios, and tried the updated version of AI Suite?

HWC Overclocking Team, breaking hardware for fun!

Team Thread
Old February 23, 2011, 06:18 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Yup, I'm running the latest (1305) and tried their patch, their latest version, disabling UAC, another fresh format of the OS, etc etc.
You name it, I've tried it, and it just won't work. Looks like Asus gave up on fixing it too as they were publishing info before, but now they've completely dropped it.

Heck, one of their people posted on another forum to contact him if anyone has any issues, I did so, and that was a couple of weeks ago, no response, so looks like they don't care either.
Old February 23, 2011, 06:36 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eluder View Post
Yup, I'm running the latest (1305) and tried their patch, their latest version, disabling UAC, another fresh format of the OS, etc etc.
You name it, I've tried it, and it just won't work. Looks like Asus gave up on fixing it too as they were publishing info before, but now they've completely dropped it.

Heck, one of their people posted on another forum to contact him if anyone has any issues, I did so, and that was a couple of weeks ago, no response, so looks like they don't care either.
I have the same mobo, cpu, ssd and psu as you according to system specs... and have had no trouble with AI Suite on 3 different bios versions. Weird. Don't know if it would make a difference, but did you install all the Intel updates? Only other suggestion if you haven't already done so is posting in the Asus P67 thread on [H]Ocp or XtremeSystems forums to see if anyone else has a solution. But sounds like you may just have a bad board

HWC Overclocking Team, breaking hardware for fun!

Team Thread
Old February 23, 2011, 07:00 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Nah, not a bad board, there's a thread on Asus' own forums with a bunch of others experiencing the same issue.
It's something with their crappy software I guess.
I PM'ed the Asus guy on Xtreme and posted on Hardforums about this, no one has been able to provide a solution as of yet.
This is why I've almost given up on Asus and looking to try something else, but again, not sure if the other manufacturers are any better.
The one advantage with Asus is that their RMA is local, so I wouldn't have to send it down south.
Old February 23, 2011, 03:20 PM
MVP

My System Specs

I can't wait either for the revised ASUS LGA1155 boards. I already bought 2x4 gig G.Skill ripjaws F3-12800CL9D DDR3-1600 ram set. I am still on the fence if I should get the i7 2600k or i5 2500K CPU.
Old February 25, 2011, 11:05 AM
MVP
F@H

NCIX added Maximus IV Extreme rev B3

NCIX.com - Buy ASUS Maximus IV Extreme <REV 3.0> EATX LGA1155 P67 4PCI-E16 PCI-E4 PCI-E Sandy Bridge B3 Motherboard - ASUS - MAXIMUS IV EXTREME <REV 3.0> - in Canada
Old February 25, 2011, 11:55 AM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

And it's only $400? Ill take 10! :D
Old February 25, 2011, 03:33 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldonko View Post
And it's only $400? Ill take 10! :D
Can i come over and pick up a couple then?

All the expensive mobos look great but i dont want to spend that much.... boo urns
Old February 25, 2011, 03:45 PM
Banned

+1 Sometimes the prices are just ridiculous. lol