Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > CPU's and Motherboards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 20, 2011, 11:51 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Default Asus P6T undervolting my system??

Hey guys,

I'm getting weird game freezes and CTD's when I play BC2. Now since this game is soooo buggy I've done tons of testing with it and it seems that:

A) From time to time you have to delete the BC2 folder in My Documents to keep it stable and

B) BC2 in a Crossfire setup just DOESN'T work with an Asus P6T so you have to disable CF just to get it working smoothly.

Now let's get one thing clear here. I'm not talking about the P6T deluxe or the P6. I'm talking about the P6T and just the P6T.

Today I had to remove my Corsair H70 to RMA it back to Corsair. This meant that I had to revert all my overclock settings back to stock in the BIOS and run my i7 930 back at 2.6GHz. This was not a problem at all except that I noticed that BC2 started to freeze up and eventually CTD. I remember reading somewhere that this was usually due to a RAM issue and/or a CPU Voltage issue so I went into the Bios and checked the voltage. CPU voltage was running well under 1.000 volts.

I upped it to 1.3000 and the DRAM voltage to 1.6 and presto!, the problem was gone. I find it very weird that BC2 can still crash running a totally stock setup and needs more juice to run stable. Anyone else getting this on their P6T?

P.S. Please don't respond if you have a P6 T deluxe or anything other than the P6T. I'd like to hear fromt he P6T owners out there if there are any. This board for some reason seems quite rare.

Cheers and thanks :)
Old February 21, 2011, 08:34 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

It sounds like your system isn't stable at stock settings, and I assume you are now using the stock cooler while waiting for RMA. Have you tried running any stability programs to verify this? IBT, Prime95, etc. Although it may sound strange for a system to be unstable at stock settings, it's certainly not the first time I've heard of this...

Old February 21, 2011, 09:20 AM
Rookie

My System Specs

I ran Linx and IBT at max settings and both showed no errors.... I know it's a matter of playing this finicky Battlefield game as I'm starting to get the feeling it only works properly if you use a specific brand of hardware with respect to MB, CPU and memory.
Old February 24, 2011, 02:05 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Anyone??? BUMP!
Old February 24, 2011, 02:19 PM
Banned
F@H

hmmm

seems i have missed this thread, sorry :p

ok, linx stable cpu is fine, try to have it use all the ram and or prime95 at teh same time

then go for the gpu, run furmark and see what gives. could be a number of things, but if

the pc can linx/prime + loop 3dmark then its fine. on the hardware part, at least.

test your hdd as well. but if that was the issue windows would act up before your game
Old February 24, 2011, 06:46 PM
Hall Of Fame

bump the ioh and ich pcie volts
bump qpi volts a tad also

post bios settings if you want more help

evga e760 +920 4.8 water5.0+ on phase linx stable
gtx285 tri-sli
dfi ut-p35 lt
e8600@4.6 1.38v
too much ram
Old February 24, 2011, 07:33 PM
MVP

My System Specs

How long was the board and chip running at an oc remember once a system runs at a designated speed it is "comfortable " there
Old February 26, 2011, 11:50 AM
Rookie

My System Specs

It was running at OC for a few days stable AFTER I had tested and tested and tested the settings. I RMA'd the H70 and just aiting to hear back form Corsair so for now I'm back to stock 2.8GHz. Once I get the H70 back I'll revert back to the stable OC profile and post my bios settings. - Actually I have some test results from when I was overclocked if that helps
Attached Images