Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > CPU's and Motherboards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 10, 2011, 04:04 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Well 24 hours after receiving that USPS shipping notification it still hasnt changed from an Electronic Shipping Info Received to Item Picked Up...
Old February 10, 2011, 04:32 PM
Banned
F@H

by the time it updates you have it in front of you, sometimes :0
so dont worry over that
Old February 10, 2011, 04:39 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by _dangtx_ View Post
by the time it updates you have it in front of you, sometimes :0
so dont worry over that

Sadly if its the USPS we all know and love, Dan is correct. G.Skill sent me an RMA return like that. Didn't see any movement on it for a week. Then poof its at my work..

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old February 10, 2011, 04:40 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Well i still have no official email or contact from GB saying that the end result of my RMA was...
Old February 10, 2011, 05:02 PM
Banned
F@H

did you give them a link to this thread? VERY important :)
Old February 10, 2011, 05:15 PM
F@H

My System Specs

I know someone at GB in the customer service department is at least aware of this thread, though if it makes an actual difference who knows
Old February 10, 2011, 05:43 PM
Banned
F@H

it will,oh it will :)
Old February 16, 2011, 12:29 PM
F@H

My System Specs

I got a rather unexpcted phone call today. It was Gigabyte customer service retention. Apparently their marketting department got wind of this little thread, about how unhappy the whole customer service experience was and the reaction/response by fellow members to my situation and bumped it up to CS retention. After talking to them on the phone for a bit, re-itterating what i was previously unhappy about dealing with customer service and well the poor language/grammar that was used they told me they want to make up for it.

To make things right they are offering to send me a brand new board (dont know what model, but i can only assume equal or grater) and to send my board (that is on my way back to me repaired) back to them with pre-paid postage. Once they get the notification of my old board going back they will send me the new one over night. I am happy with this outcome, however i even told the guy this could have been avoided if a)i was not blamed for scratches on the board and b) customer service worded their emails a lot better without broken english and using proper grammar.

For anyone whom may have bad RMA experience in the future, try talking/emailing the marketting department as they seem to be a lot more understanding then standard customer service. I will also update you guys on what i get in exchange for my old board whenever i get it.

Seeing how someone actually cared to right the wrong at GB they may have swayed my attitude towards them to at least possible selection to buy new parts from, with degree of attitude depending on the new motherboard i receive.
Old February 16, 2011, 12:41 PM
Banned
F@H

i keep telling folks sending over the thread linkie does more good than your manly shame not sending it does..

now i wonder who kicked them in the nutz about it?
Old February 16, 2011, 12:45 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Happy that GA actually do something with it. I agree that sometime RMA service employee just don't care about the company image and when the marketing saw it they were like ho shit not again -_-. At least they have some employee open to make it better! Hope the higher management think the same way:)
Keep us up to date!

Martin_metal_88
Colenzo : See system spec!

Odysseus : I7 860 @ 3.6Ghz || GA P55-UD5 || G.skill Ripjaws F3-16000 2000Mhz 2X2GB || Coolermaster ATCS 840 || Silverstone Strider plus 850W || WD 640 black - WD 1TB green - Samsung F3 2TB || MSI 5670 1GB Cyclone ||Coolermaster Hyper 212 + ||