Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > CPU's and Motherboards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 9, 2011, 11:43 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Unfortunately from what i've been dealing with FiXT, it has not been prompt and the courteous i've received is was broken english emails and customer service reps on the phone restating what the emails said. I have no heard back from them today and i'm expecting i wont see the board, in whatever state it will be, for at least another 2 weeks.
Old February 9, 2011, 01:39 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arinoth View Post
My biggest gripe is the way they worded is that the fact if they can't fix a mistake they made i wont get a replacement board and i potentially could get a dead board back.
Man, sorry to hear of your predicament.

Clearly someone at the factory had made an error and did not want to own up to it.

I'm quite appalled at the stance from Gigabyte

Usually it is opposite of what you have stated above.
Ie. "If we cant fix it, we will replace your board with a new one."

I have typically stuck to Asus myself, and to a lesser extent EVGA.
Whilst I know it may not be the best of the best mobo for OC. etc.
I know that I'm typically paying for their consistent level of service.

I guess the same goes for everything I purchase now, as I am getting on in years.
I would rather pay for good service and have a mediocre product than have something super duper, and get poor service.

I have already read GB has a strange warranty (it starts ticking from the date of manufacture), seeing your situation only serves to alienate a potential buyer like me further.

I hope everything gets resolve amicably.
Old February 9, 2011, 01:42 PM
Banned
F@H

btw, you DID send them a link to here right? usually it makes a difference.
Old February 9, 2011, 08:24 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Well i just got an email this evening from USPS giving me shipping information sent by GB about my apparent package i'll be receiving back from them. No word from GB on what happened with the board (if it was repaired, replaced or just returned as is). Guess we'll have to see whenever it gets here.
Old February 9, 2011, 08:31 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eluder View Post
This is one of the reasons why I switched from Antec to OCZ for PSUs years ago, Antec has/had no support centres in Canada, everything had to go to California while OCZ was in Markham.
I no longer use OCZ for other reasons, but at least I knew they had local support.
When I RMA'd my Antec 650W I shipped it to somewhere in Toronto IIRC? Not sure why you had to ship to Cali... It wasn't an official Antec location though, it was some third party company that I guess repairs parts for them and I even had a dead WD Raptor at the time and he said they also repair WD products there as well and I could ship the PSU/HDD at the same time, although unfortunately I had bought the Raptor off of eBay with no receipt and WD wouldn't let me RMA it :( Antec however, did not ask for a receipt at all. This was like 3 or 4 years ago, and actually i ended up selling the RMA return unit to dangtx
Old February 9, 2011, 08:36 PM
Allstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by headsh0t View Post
.... although unfortunately I had bought the Raptor off of eBay with no receipt and WD wouldn't let me RMA it .

wtf are you talking about.... ?????? WDC never ask a receipt, you just enter the serial number that's it....
Old February 9, 2011, 08:58 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

They do ask IF the s/n states its out of warranty. ;)

THEN you have to show PoP that it sill is IN warranty.

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old February 9, 2011, 09:23 PM
Banned
F@H

or if you want to upgrade the warranty coverage period :)

back on topic. a,lets hope they did the rightthing
Old February 10, 2011, 03:04 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

This is quite a bad service on their end.

On my part, I recently received very nice service from 'em. From the day I sent the RMA form for my P55-UD2, it took one month and I had it back hassle free.
Old February 10, 2011, 05:03 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

That really sucks to hear ... The only Gigabyte stuff I have used is their budget boards ... which all perform wonderfully. When I had to RMA my DFI board, I read tons of horror stories about the process, so I took detailed pictures of the board itself, and how it was packaged. I then included a copy of the photos in the box with all the requested documentation (and even a thank you note with a smiley face ) ... that way they couldn't make anything up ... RMA went smoothly.