Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > CPU's and Motherboards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 8, 2011, 08:12 AM
Allstar

Arinoth by chance do you have a non crop pics, the bottom of the pics look pretty much messy for a tech bench, I will not be surprise an employee is trying to hide his mistake. But what ever, A company should make sure customers don't pay for the mistake of their employees.
Old February 8, 2011, 08:19 AM
F@H

My System Specs

I do not, those are the exact pictures they sent me, the first picture in the set of three they sent me was a close up picture of my board's SN (and thats it) to prove it was mine, however you cannot see anything past that SN on the board in the primary picture.
Old February 8, 2011, 08:41 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
I won't defend shoddy customer service but it's important to put things in perspective. Every company out there has shitty techs that will cause an RMA to go sour in no time at all. It is now up to yet another rep to make themselves useful and get to the bottom of this situation. It seems this is the way some people justify their postitions: fixing other people's mistakes.

As for the blue goop, it looks to me like non conductive loc-tite.
Oh I'm not defending crappy CS. That is what it is.
Merely I am saying is someone dropped the ball, now someone has to pick it up on their end to fix this issue in the correct way.

Like most RMA experiences it comes down to like I said previously. You hear grand praise on some companies and then you turn the page and the same company has stuff like this happen.

That is the Key,
ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old February 8, 2011, 11:05 AM
F@H

My System Specs

I just got this response from them

They are admitted that it wasn't damaged during shipping and that their engineers were able to fix it. My first problem with this is that an engineer actually doesnt do solder work, its a technician (i know the business). The second one is the broken english, the RMA facility i am dealing with and their contact information is USA, every sentence should make grammatical sense. I'm still not impressed and since im home early today due to an eye ache i am going to call them up. The board will be repaired prior to shipping means i still get a potentially dead board or still broken board if they cant fix the original issue. The damaged they caused to it prevented me from them just giving me a replacement fixed board off the bat.
Old February 8, 2011, 11:20 AM
Rookie

yup engineers never solder anything, only the tech, and the techs are pretty good too.
Old February 8, 2011, 11:24 AM
F@H

My System Specs

I just called them, their customer service is rather poor as well.

Not only did the customer service rep just reiterate what was said in the emails, when i was bumped up to their supervisor all they kept repeating was what was in the email, that they put the epoxy on it to protect the board from shorting and that "it is repairable". I asked him why the initial email said if it wasnt repairable i'd be sent it back as is, to which he kept reassuring me that :it is repairable, thats what it says in the email. The engineer fixed the scratch and are now working on the board". I don't know about you, however in that and the follow up email in the broken english no where does it guarantee the motherboard will be repaired to a fixed and working status, just that they'll try.

Even if i get a working board back from them with epoxy covering scratches they claim that it came as, i will not be buying another Gigabyte product as their customer service is not one that is worth it.
Old February 8, 2011, 12:21 PM
Banned
F@H

theyre defending the idiot who dropped the liquid thing on...fire the bastard if he does it all the time.
not worth losing face for one mongrel.
Old February 8, 2011, 12:40 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

The same issue happened SOOOO many time with intel. The only difference is that they don't try to repair it and didn't warn you. You just get the board back and one day they say next time we ban you from the Express RMA list...Thx intel...Never saw this issue so far with gigabytes. But that's for sure suck for you dude.

Martin_metal_88
Colenzo : See system spec!

Odysseus : I7 860 @ 3.6Ghz || GA P55-UD5 || G.skill Ripjaws F3-16000 2000Mhz 2X2GB || Coolermaster ATCS 840 || Silverstone Strider plus 850W || WD 640 black - WD 1TB green - Samsung F3 2TB || MSI 5670 1GB Cyclone ||Coolermaster Hyper 212 + ||

Old February 8, 2011, 01:31 PM
Hall of Fame

My System Specs

That is on the left side of the board, below the IO panel correct?

Not to be rude at all, but I have run across a decent number of boards with damage, scratches etc. in that location. Though, I can't say I recall a time where the scratches were what caused the original defect.

There, and around the CPU heatsink area are popular areas for physical damage, though the CPU ones usually result in a no post.

What was the original problem you were having with the board exactly?
Old February 8, 2011, 01:55 PM
F@H

My System Specs

The NIC decided to stop working during use and then the system would never cold boot (power on or restart) into any bios overclock no matter how stable it was. I would have to go into the bios, see my values still saved there (getting the "this overclocked failed" message), then would save them and go ahead. I had stress tested it a few times when i started getting this message and the system never crashed.