Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > CPU's and Motherboards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 7, 2011, 11:42 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Sorry to hear about your problems. Don't waste your time emailing. Phone them. You'll always get a better response that way, at least in my experience.
Old February 8, 2011, 01:14 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarJ View Post
Sorry to hear about your problems. Don't waste your time emailing. Phone them. You'll always get a better response that way, at least in my experience.
Agreed 100% Gord

As AkG mentioned if they want to be a tier1 company they need to start acting as one. Knowing Sam I highly doubt he would have sent it out in this condition

My continuing use of their products will depend on the response you get from them Sam, if they "shaft" you I myself wont be buying anymore of their products....... since if they do it to you sure as Bat$hit they will do it to me when I need a RMA.
I advise others to consider this before spending your hard earned dollars on a GB product.

Hope it works out for you Sam, keep us in the loop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
My knuckles are bleeding from fishing through walls a new CAT6 network cable... I found fresh, untapped electrical outlets...
"It's all in the Reflexes"-Jack Burton
Old February 8, 2011, 04:47 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Sam, I told you GB was crap.

Dont you remember the issues I had with my GB board? Sent them a dead board, they sent me back the exact same dead board with a note inside saying it was 'repaired'. I didnt even get those nice pritty looking letters explaining why...

I wont buy GB. If you search the forums, its the only company (other then Risons SR2, but look at what EVGA did for Charlie on the flip side?) that has these kinds of issues. I just dont get why you suckers keep going back to them. They've been junk for a while, and continue to prove it. They are the MSI of the new century.
My Disclaimer to any advice or comment I make;
Quote:
Originally Posted by CroSsFiRe2009 View Post
I'm a self certified whizbang repair technician with 20 years of professional bullshit so I don't know what I'm talking about
Old February 8, 2011, 04:59 AM
F@H

My System Specs

I never thought it could end up this bad. All the other RMAs i've done with other companies went smoothly. Asus was a rather quick turn around with it coming in under a month from shipping it to receiving it fixed. Western Digital's ARMA was a amazing when i needed a hard drive before i sent out my defective one. OCZ, for all people gripe on them, i had no issues RMAing my DOA ram to them, getting the replacement set rather quickly too.

None of these cases and more did i ever have an email stating the hardware i sent to them was damaged (presumably) by me, so i never thought i would need to take pictures to 'prove my innocence.'

Rene, i bought this EX58-UD4P board two summers ago before i knew most of you that well and when at least to my knowledge and research at the time had good quality boards and respectable customer service. This is making me believe otherwise.

The problem with phoning is the next few days i am completely slammed with work and i dont know if i'll get the chance. Knowing most companies, they'll just move ahead with what they claim and i wont even get the chance to call them before they send me my identical board back 'fixed' with that damage they put on it back to me.
Old February 8, 2011, 06:02 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagath View Post
Sam, I told you GB was crap.

Dont you remember the issues I had with my GB board? Sent them a dead board, they sent me back the exact same dead board with a note inside saying it was 'repaired'. I didnt even get those nice pritty looking letters explaining why...

I wont buy GB. If you search the forums, its the only company (other then Risons SR2, but look at what EVGA did for Charlie on the flip side?) that has these kinds of issues. I just dont get why you suckers keep going back to them. They've been junk for a while, and continue to prove it. They are the MSI of the new century.
As much as this incident is a sour point. I've had many long lived GB products and excellent customer service on my end from Gigabyte. So perhaps Sagath this is exactally like EVGA except for Arinoth?
Mine was bar none perfect, and his is abysmal.
End of the day it's the human element in the companies that is causing the issue.

My thoughts,
ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old February 8, 2011, 06:13 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

I won't defend shoddy customer service but it's important to put things in perspective. Every company out there has shitty techs that will cause an RMA to go sour in no time at all. It is now up to yet another rep to make themselves useful and get to the bottom of this situation. It seems this is the way some people justify their postitions: fixing other people's mistakes.

As for the blue goop, it looks to me like non conductive loc-tite.
Old February 8, 2011, 06:24 AM
F@H

My System Specs

What is non conductive loc-tite? What is it suppose to be used for. Its the fact that kind of damage they are claiming i did and i have no idea what that residue is.
Old February 8, 2011, 06:32 AM
Allstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
As for the blue goop, it looks to me like non conductive loc-tite.
kind of stuf like that or epoxy
Old February 8, 2011, 06:54 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arinoth View Post
What is non conductive loc-tite? What is it suppose to be used for. Its the fact that kind of damage they are claiming i did and i have no idea what that residue is.
It's like regular loc-tite which is applied on top of screw threading to stop the screw from gradually loosening after time.

As stated, another possibility is epoxy resin.
Old February 8, 2011, 07:01 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Oh, so that's what the blue stuff is that's on the tip of some screws? Learn something new every day.

As for what has been said, I'm with ST. There's no way something like this can really be looked over for you in the future, but it doesn't seem to be a "Gigabyte issue", moreso some tech made a mistake while trying a repair. Hopefully you can find the time to phone them, seems like that's the best route.
Code:
<martin_metal_88> I think I am gonna sell my server
<firebane> i will offer pereniums mom
<firebane> slightly used
<Keltron> slightly is an understatement
<LPfan4ever> Who're you kidding...slightly?
<martin_metal_88> peri's mom, slightly used? lol...