Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > CPU's and Motherboards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 9, 2011, 04:30 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle Eye_54 View Post
Well, I am surprised you find my comments funny...they were not meant to be. Perhaps you have not been following the many forum posts from around the world about SB issues. RAM issues were the most common but the fact that there was already three BIOS update in 3 weeks from release date speaks volumes. I have had no issues with RAM but lots of unexplained daily freeze ups over 3 weeks that required a hard boot to stop. After many days trying to find the reason through elimination and searching the internet for answers, cause remains unknown to me. I also found the fact that there was a recall so soon after release very troubling.

I for one was not prepared to gamble my money on SB any longer especially, when I could return it and for just $50, get into a higher tier proven X-58 setup. Now after just four days of using the new X-58 platform, I have no regrets that I made the change. Good luck to those that have decided to stick it out with Sandy Bridge.
Sorry still a funny post. The only issues I hear of are the odd freezing on incorrectly OC'd boards. Gigabyte boards so far are the worst for this.

It's a fresh system, bios revisions are nothing new this early in a cycle. The X-58 is a lower tier(unless you go hexa-core)but a mature system. Nothing wrong with it at all in this point in time.

Don't spread FUD that you don't understand. Just 6-9 months ago the same odd issues were all over the place and then the boards matured. Is it frustrating? Hell ya, and good for you for going with what you wanted. I'm just saying that this recall is the only real "issue" with the platform atm. Everything else is just a few BIOS revisions away.

Trust me, my P67A-UD7 gives me nothing but headaches. Runs rock solid in windows, but if I reset it has to be a cold boot(shut down and click off the PSU, then turn back on).
Old February 9, 2011, 07:03 PM
Banned
F@H

guys, remember, its all about the greenback, or dollar..thats all there is.
some users/co's being pssed off in the short term? meh..they'll be back.
as they get cpu's and chipsets without paying upfront(co's) for the first so many weeks,
which is good for business.

also, could you take it easy on the back and forth pretty please? :)
Old February 9, 2011, 08:21 PM
Banned
F@H

thanks man :)
Old February 10, 2011, 05:33 PM
Top Prospect

today i asked one of the guys working in the stores and he told me that the boards will be available in April so, i think i should go and grab one for now and when they arrive he will replace it for me ..do you guys support this idea or what ?
i need the PC before i start the 2nd semester or at the most few days after that.
Old February 10, 2011, 05:44 PM
Banned
F@H

i say you will not swap out of your case unless you need those affected ports .
so yes, go for it.!
Old February 11, 2011, 03:01 AM
Top Prospect

Intel to Start Shipping B3 Stepping Cougar Point Chipset from February 14 | techPowerUp

As promised, intel will ship the chips on 14/2/2011 ..but i doubt we will see the boards on newegg till march. any way, i will wait till 24/2/2011 if they start to list on newegg then i will get the new boards if they don't and i expect so, then i will buy one of the current lineup.
Thanks guys for the help and i will keep in touch to inform you with the latest
Old February 13, 2011, 12:59 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Well, I am one of the ppl that have LGA775 E8400 and I am going to grab an i7 2600K. I already order ram for it. I am sure that it will last me for 3 1/2 years just like my E8400 has. There is always something coming out. And if you always waited for the next great thing. You would never be able to upgrade lol.
Old February 26, 2011, 11:41 PM
Rookie

The ports degrade over the span of a few years so buying one and replacing it later shouldn't be a huge problem.