Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > CPU's and Motherboards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 7, 2011, 01:52 PM
Top Prospect

the thing is the stores as well as the distributer or whatever it is called that provides the stores with the products, both of them agreed to sell and replace the boards once the new ones come out. I think that i should wait for a week or two and maybe intel says something about the release date..cause i think it is really annoying to put every thing together in a dream PC and then take the board out and put another one in..this is a bit tiring but, i have no other choice if the new boards will come out in april or may
Old February 8, 2011, 07:29 AM
Top Prospect

Good news guys : "Intel now expects to begin shipping the new parts in mid February." techpowerup
link : Intel Provides Update on Support Chip Design Issue | techPowerUp
I am so glad that i waited to hear from Intel, and i think the parts will be available in 3 weeks from now
Old February 8, 2011, 07:47 AM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

3 weeks? I wouldnt hold your breath lol
Old February 8, 2011, 08:12 AM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldonko View Post
3 weeks? I wouldnt hold your breath lol
med February is like 14 or maybe 15. I am assuming the worst
Old February 8, 2011, 08:16 AM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

I think you are underestimating the time it takes for a part to be shipped to a manufacturer, the manufacturing process, QA process, shipping to retailers, and product availability.
Old February 8, 2011, 08:26 AM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldonko View Post
I think you are underestimating the time it takes for a part to be shipped to a manufacturer, the manufacturing process, QA process, shipping to retailers, and product availability.
Intel said " it expects to ship .." not "we are going to ship .." what i understood that maybe intel delays the shipping date due to certain situations.
Old February 8, 2011, 09:27 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Even if they have the new chips in 3 weeks, there's still a bit of testing to do AND then the OEM's get their greedy little hands on them long before we do.

If you buy a board or if you HAVE a board, do not expect to see a replacement before April/May at the earliest.
Old February 9, 2011, 04:18 AM
Top Prospect

at least it will be available to be bought.
Old February 9, 2011, 09:58 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle Eye_54 View Post
Yup, it will take a good long while and when you finally get a fixed one, it will still have all the issues it had before the Intel engineering mistake came to light. No thanks....X-58 is the right choice for me.
This is a funny post, what issues does it have other than involved with this reissue business?
Old February 9, 2011, 10:40 AM
F@H

My System Specs

I had hopes to eventually mitigate my system to this platform, however that being said a Solid X58 build will see you well into another 2 years I think. There are still people getting very good gaming performance out of their 775 systems with either Q9550's or E8400's.

Personally speaking, unless you need the advantages of the better than average IGP or such, go X58 and then save up. And in two years time grab 2011 for cheap.

My thoughts,
ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com