Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > CPU's and Motherboards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 31, 2011, 11:29 AM
Allstar

Default ASUS motherboard & TPM

I have an ASUS P5E64 WS Evolution motherboard. It has a header to take a plugin TPM unit. I cannot however find out what unit to use on this baord as there are several available. The Manual doesn't say and I cannot get any sueful information out of either ASUS Canada or ASUS USA and get no replies at all from ASUS in Taiwan.

I have checked the many "compatibility" charts on line (incuding ASUSes) but none list my particualr motherboard. I have found one online that *looks* like it should fit, but looks can be deceiving.

ANybody have any info it would be greatly appreciated.
Old February 1, 2011, 11:42 AM
Rookie
F@H

My System Specs

the only one i foud to fit asus is on amazon.com Amazon.com: ASUS Trusted Platform Module - Hardware security chip: Electronics
Old February 1, 2011, 01:37 PM
Allstar

Thats's the one! Thanks. Now if only it didn't cost over twice the price of the module to ship it (Amazon.ca don't keep any stuff like that) :(

Tags
asus , tpm