Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > CPU's and Motherboards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 24, 2011, 07:19 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Default Asus P8P67 Deluxe USB3.0 Front Panel Issue

Just wondering if anyone out there is using a P8P67 Deluxe and the USB3.0 Front Panel 3.5" box that the board comes with?

I seem to have a strange issue where my USB3 device (Vantec Nexstar HDD Dock) will only work in the left port. When I plug it into the right port, it either doesn't detect anything, or just pops up a message saying the HDD needs to be formatted.

USB2 devices (thumb drives) seem to work fine in the right port though.

Wondering if I have a bad box, or if it's something else?

Thanks.
Old January 28, 2011, 07:40 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eluder View Post
Just wondering if anyone out there is using a P8P67 Deluxe and the USB3.0 Front Panel 3.5" box that the board comes with?

I seem to have a strange issue where my USB3 device (Vantec Nexstar HDD Dock) will only work in the left port. When I plug it into the right port, it either doesn't detect anything, or just pops up a message saying the HDD needs to be formatted.

USB2 devices (thumb drives) seem to work fine in the right port though.

Wondering if I have a bad box, or if it's something else?

Thanks.
Sorry, I don't have the Deluxe, mine is the Pro model in that same series. The first thing that came to my mind on your problem is are you running a 1000's series BIOS and have you downloaded the new drivers for the USB controller? If that doesn't do it, I'd say it is RMA time.