Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > CPU's and Motherboards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 7, 2010, 03:25 PM
Hall Of Fame

Default AMD Phenom II 1090T Black Edition

So we are putting these cpus into systems currently but the board we are putting them into is a Asus M4A87TD EVO.

I noticed when putting one of these system together the board only has a 4 pin ATX power connector and I was a bit when I saw this.

I was under the impression that any cpu that is quad core or higher should be used on a board that has the 8 pin ATX connector or is this different for AMD vs Intel?

Another thing is .. we've had 2 of these boards now share the same issue and that is it seems the Soutbridge pukes and kills off sata ports..

Also are there any boards people recommend for this cpu in particular that isn't gonna break the bank but be a good board for it?
Old December 8, 2010, 01:25 AM
Rookie

My System Specs

Check out the gigabytes 890gx... i have built a system with the motherboard you mentioned and it seems to have similar overclocking potential... i will give it a try on a six core...