Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   CPU's and Motherboards (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/cpus-motherboards/)
-   -   ASUS P67 'Sandy Bridge' Motherboards Preview Comment Thread (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/cpus-motherboards/37987-asus-p67-sandy-bridge-motherboards-preview-comment-thread.html)

SKYMTL November 14, 2010 09:45 PM

ASUS P67 'Sandy Bridge' Motherboards Preview Comment Thread

Many have heard rumors of Intel's upcoming Sandy Bridge architecture and the motherboards which are sure to accompany any upcoming products. Naturally, motherboard manufacturers are well on their way towards releasing supporting designs and in this article we take a quick look at some of ASUS' offerings....

[ Read full article ]

_dangtx_ November 14, 2010 10:19 PM

man that tac vest? nice! also nice to see the pro with 3 pci-e 16x slots, or rather 8x 8x 4x when populated? :)

martin_metal_88 November 14, 2010 10:26 PM

wow wow wow wow wow wow wow!!! it's been like 2 year I am here and I never say this before but this Sabertooth is....DO WANT!!!so sexy. Just curious to know how's the thing are underthe plate.

vohiep84 November 14, 2010 10:37 PM

Yeah that sabertooth motherboard looks pretty badass.

mikellini November 14, 2010 10:54 PM

"The M4E's two most distinguishing features are without a doubt its four PCI-E x16 slots."

I think you're delirious from pure unadulterated joy. You can send one of those over here if it's too much to bear, MAC.

BTW, can we draw any conclusions from the inclusion of the PLX chip? :whistle:

MAC November 14, 2010 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikellini (Post 450287)
I think you're delirious from pure unadulterated joy. You can send one of those over here if it's too much to bear, SKY.

My fault actually. I split up the sentence at the last moment and forgot to fix the beginning.

Quote:

BTW, can we draw any conclusions from the inclusion of the PLX chip? :whistle:
:ph34r:

mikellini November 14, 2010 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MAC (Post 450290)
My fault actually. I split up the sentence at the last moment and forgot to fix the beginning.

Oops, I knew it was you. It's confusing when each comment thread is posted by SKYMTL's account.

The boards are pretty sweet, but I'm not sure the platform is... I hope Intel releases a cheap 6 core Gulftown for LGA 1366 in the interim before LGA 2011 is released.

Polygon November 15, 2010 12:24 AM

Awesome! I'm glad I've been waiting for a new release. I just wonder what price they'll be at.

I'm confused though by this "new generation" of intel processors. Will this still be LGA1336 or a new socket and a completely new thing? Or is it just a chipset upgrade from the old X58?

I apologize for not keeping up on the latest Intel rumours.... school keeps me busy.

If someone can tell me, thanks!

MAC November 15, 2010 12:25 AM

Completely new socket and completely new microarchitecture. Big changes :thumb:

Polygon November 15, 2010 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MAC (Post 450302)
Completely new socket and completely new microarchitecture. Big changes :thumb:

Wow, that's great. I'm super excited now! :biggrin: I'm guessing my paycheck will be going to new Motherboard and new Intel CPU under the tree :biggrin: