Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > CPU's and Motherboards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 12, 2010, 11:55 AM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin_metal_88 View Post
Gigabyte's is usually 2 1/2 to 3 week. I would concider buying a new board and selling this one once it's back. Give yourself a gift and get a 870/890 chipset board. Be sure to look at the CPU support. Waiting for some news from your testing ;)
Yeah I wish fedex would hurry up already lol

Do you recommend any boards? I need at least one firewire for my external drive and preferably usb 3.0. I was thinking about just buying a board, but what if its not the problem, lol restocking fee. thats all I was worried about.
Old November 12, 2010, 12:05 PM
Banned
F@H

yes sir, the king of 870, being the one and only giga board!!!

AMD 870 Mainboards Roundup: Asus, Biostar, Gigabyte and MSI - X-bit labs

In conclusion we would like to award Gigabyte GA-870A-UD3 rev.2.0 and 2.1 mainboards with our Editorís Choice title as the best solutions on AMD 870 chipset:

edit also dont forget sky's review here : GIGABYTE 870A-UD3 AM3 Motherboard Review

but but id actually get something used, super cheap to get you over this wait or do an overhaul and forget about the 770. i was never a big fan of those, not that theyre bad but still.
Old November 12, 2010, 12:09 PM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by _dangtx_ View Post
well, cpu and motherboard, lets say a good 150 watts tops. gpu roughly 120 watts under normal gaming modes. no overclocking. add a bit more for other stuff like hdds etc

thats right up there with the above review's limits where the psu starts crapping out. if your computer was going out before and doesnt anymore,again dont use the gpu but for desktop and email, then it was the psu

edit its well worth it to get something like a kill a watt, best 20 bucks youll ever spend. not only it tells you how much juice is being pulled from the wall, but you can also troubleshoot.

for exemple, lets say your computer pulls 300 watts at the wall, nothing changes and one day it pulls 350? somethings up. i do check on my puters, and its really easy. there are also power bars with this function, a bit expensive though.
I checked it out. What im wondering is to see how much my psu is supplying to my components in the psu. Just wondering so then I know how much more I can use on this my 650w.

Martin, thanks for the recommendation, I will look into it.
Old November 12, 2010, 12:11 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
yes sir, the king of 870, being the one and only giga board!!!

AMD 870 Mainboards Roundup: Asus, Biostar, Gigabyte and MSI - X-bit labs

In conclusion we would like to award Gigabyte GA-870A-UD3 rev.2.0 and 2.1 mainboards with our Editorís Choice title as the best solutions on AMD 870 chipset:

edit also dont forget sky's review here : GIGABYTE 870A-UD3 AM3 Motherboard Review

but but id actually get something used, super cheap to get you over this wait or do an overhaul and forget about the 770. i was never a big fan of those, not that theyre bad but still.

Dan, don't you think we are a little biased about gigabyte They have awesome board. For the OP now, the Biostar is also solid and I think a member here have one for sale, maybe tu make a WTB thread looking for it and this member will jump in.

Martin_metal_88
Colenzo : See system spec!

Odysseus : I7 860 @ 3.6Ghz || GA P55-UD5 || G.skill Ripjaws F3-16000 2000Mhz 2X2GB || Coolermaster ATCS 840 || Silverstone Strider plus 850W || WD 640 black - WD 1TB green - Samsung F3 2TB || MSI 5670 1GB Cyclone ||Coolermaster Hyper 212 + ||

Old November 12, 2010, 12:56 PM
Banned
F@H

cool.

yes. giga are the one mobo manufacturers i trust out of the box. certainly defects can happed, and do happen to trickle down to the consumer level, but i trust their qc.

also pretty impressed with msi as of not too long ago. im repeating myself..hehe
Old November 12, 2010, 01:06 PM
Top Prospect

Okay got my cpu back and running stability test. Ran Ran HD and health said okay down the board. Is there any specific screen shots your looking for in Everest so I know what to give you? I think a good hour or so should be fine.
Old November 12, 2010, 01:09 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggyk View Post
I checked it out. What im wondering is to see how much my psu is supplying to my components in the psu. Just wondering so then I know how much more I can use on this my 650w.

Martin, thanks for the recommendation, I will look into it.
How much your PSU is supplying in the PSU?? I don't understand sorry? that's because i'm french

Quote:
cool.

yes. giga are the one mobo manufacturers i trust out of the box. certainly defects can happed, and do happen to trickle down to the consumer level, but i trust their qc.

also pretty impressed with msi as of not too long ago. im repeating myself..hehe
Yup. I would like to try MSI. For the past year I have avoided them like plague but lately they have done awesome thing. Black and blue is also nice looking.

Martin_metal_88

Odysseus : I7 860 @ 3.6Ghz || GA P55-UD5 || G.skill Ripjaws F3-16000 2000Mhz 2X2GB || Coolermaster ATCS 840 || Silverstone Strider plus 850W || WD 640 black - WD 1TB green - Samsung F3 2TB || MSI 5670 1GB Cyclone ||Coolermaster Hyper 212 + ||

Old November 12, 2010, 01:10 PM
Banned
F@H

well, for everest, click computer, sensor.

for hdtune, look in the health tab. even if there is no yellow/red, take a screenie of that.

again, with the other psu, without any gpu load was it ok or not?
Old November 12, 2010, 01:13 PM
Top Prospect

Havent tested other psu yet. I was going to do this testing first. I wanted to see if I restart after this stability test and if so, Il swap out the psu and do it again because like i said once it restarts first time of the day I cant stay logged in 5 mins for the life of me.

Martin, sorry I mean how much my psu is supplying to the pc components.
Old November 12, 2010, 01:23 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggyk View Post
Havent tested other psu yet. I was going to do this testing first. I wanted to see if I restart after this stability test and if so, Il swap out the psu and do it again because like i said once it restarts first time of the day I cant stay logged in 5 mins for the life of me.

Martin, sorry I mean how much my psu is supplying to the pc components.
Ho ok. Well to know the PSU load you can do it with a kill-a-watt or multimetter ( don;t do it if you don't know what you are doing. The easiest way to do it is to calculate by hand the amount of maximum power used but your part. Like 95W for CPU ( exemple ) + 108W for gpu etc etc etc...

Martin_metal_88