Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   CPU's and Motherboards (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/cpus-motherboards/)
-   -   Price drop on Phenom II X6 1090T (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/cpus-motherboards/37684-price-drop-phenom-ii-x6-1090t.html)

Delavan November 4, 2010 10:52 AM

Price drop on Phenom II X6 1090T

Just to let you know,
AMD dropped the price of these 6-cores CPUs. The most remarkable/noticeable drop is on the 1090T.
$250...nice. Anyway, they have their good and not so good compared to Intel. Can't wait for the newer AMD CPUs, I'm curious!

The 1055T and 1075T's pricing hasn't moved much, a few dollars only...

Soultribunal November 4, 2010 11:04 AM

Just curious but where did you find that out at? And has it effected all the retailers and e-tailers yet?

ST

ilya November 4, 2010 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soultribunal (Post 446246)
Just curious but where did you find that out at? And has it effected all the retailers and e-tailers yet?

ST

NCIX.com - Buy AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Black Edition Thuban 6 Core Processor 3.2GHZ Socket AM3 Retail Box - HDT90ZFBGRBOX In Canada.

Already going down the pipe, I've been tempted to get it, but I want a matx build and most of the board options for AMD have been rather lackluster.

_dangtx_ November 4, 2010 12:21 PM

usually when you see a mass price drop across the table, either new cpus are coming out, or the competition is killing there sales.

i hear dozer will be out in a while, so maybe for sandy bridge?

Delavan November 4, 2010 02:05 PM

Quote:

I first seen this news here on TEchReport:

AMD quietly adjusts Phenom II X6 pricing - The Tech Report

Then, I took a look a several etailer's sites that reflected the price drop. NCIX dropped the 1090T to $249 on the sale that started yesterday.

The Egg.ca got it at $252...Memory Express $249...

_dangtx_ November 4, 2010 02:26 PM

btw when is sandy bridge coming out again? a smart co will lower their prices a good month before the competition's new stuff. fill the need of the people, then even if they salivate after x or y new product, they had just recently bought their products :D

Soultribunal November 4, 2010 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilya (Post 446313)
NCIX.com - Buy AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Black Edition Thuban 6 Core Processor 3.2GHZ Socket AM3 Retail Box - HDT90ZFBGRBOX In Canada.

Already going down the pipe, I've been tempted to get it, but I want a matx build and most of the board options for AMD have been rather lackluster.

Thats because we don't have the competition on AMD"s board partners we used to.

No real supply of Foxconn, DFI...Biostar...

We have 3 normal board partners to choose from and it does suck somewhat because of it.

ST

Killswitch November 4, 2010 09:16 PM

The 1100T must be coming out soon.

Delavan November 5, 2010 03:55 PM

Quote:

The 1100T must be coming out soon.
You got that right!

From TECHREPORT:

Report: Faster six-core Phenom IIs coming - The Tech Report

Quote:
Quote:

AMD is gearing up to introduce its quickest six-core Phenom II processor yet: the Phenom II X6 1100T, which will reportedly run at 3.3GHz with a Turbo Core speed of 3.7GHz. That part is said to have the same 125W thermal envelope as the current flagship, and considering recent price adjustments, it might launch right around the $300 mark.
The upcoming 1065T, at 2.9GHz and 95watts TDP sounds interesting too...

_dangtx_ November 5, 2010 04:10 PM

wait wait woah woah, were finally getting a 95 watter?