Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > CPU's and Motherboards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 2, 2010, 12:22 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Default Asus P6T "Overclock failed"

Okay to start off this topic it seems pretty simple, when I overclock my computer it will boot and post as regular run windows whatever you want absoultly fine and the overclock is stable. Now unless at stock settings once in every 10 times booting up the system will power on but not post or do anything so I power it off and power it back on every single time it works but says "Overclock failed" F1 to enter setup, and F2 to reset to default. Usually what I do is just enter setup and esc which doesn't change anything and the system will boot as normal with the overclock enabled it obioulsly doesn't even have to restart (i7 930 @3.8ghz). Now with my 4.2ghz overclock the board will sometimes display this same problem but when i go in to bios and exit it goes back to stock clocks and volts etc... in windows but in bios its still the same settings so I'm wondering how to fix this or if I can't and just have to reboot each time and this problem does not happen all the time. Also before it says overclock failed I can post and everything is fine.

If anything is unclear because i know this is a long post just ask.
Old November 2, 2010, 12:27 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Try a BIOS update, sounds like a BIOS issue.
Old November 2, 2010, 12:32 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldonko View Post
Try a BIOS update, sounds like a BIOS issue.
I have flashed to the latest bios edition, but I did seach around a little and found many have this problem and its just the board thinks there is a problem when there isn't and apparently raising the ram voltage a little helps..so my ram stock with the board is usually at 1.64v when its rated for 1.65v "mushkin blackline" but there is no 1.65v so i raised it to 1.66v I will see if that makes it a difference if it was a bios problem it might happen at stock clocks which it never did. Thanks for the idea though
Old November 2, 2010, 02:50 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

My year old Mushkin Red lines like 1.69 V on my EVGA bord but thats what they are rated fore.

there in 2:8 clocks and 1.51 v right now thogh.