Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   CPU's and Motherboards (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/cpus-motherboards/)
-   -   My load temps when using Linx, everything maxed (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/cpus-motherboards/37373-my-load-temps-when-using-linx-everything-maxed.html)

bvsbutthd101 October 24, 2010 12:18 PM

My load temps when using Linx, everything maxed

2 Attachment(s)
Are this temps to high, I just ran Linx, I know my cpu will never get this hot while playing games
but I just want to get some opinions from you guys.

I'm using a corsair H50 cpu cooler push/push method on a i7 930 @ 4 ghz

Full Load: 11th pass
Attachment 11950

When it finished:
Attachment 11951

xinhang October 24, 2010 01:54 PM

Turn down the voltage! Your temperature is above 90!

Sagath October 24, 2010 02:24 PM

You have one core at 98c. i7's throttle back at 100c. Those temps are too high.

Xinhang is a little dramatic, your chip doesnt have to be <75c. Stock coolers a 930 can hit 80c+ depending on the case. Technically anything under 100c is fine, but if that was my chip and it was edging on intel thermal specs, I'd be changing some things.

_dangtx_ October 24, 2010 02:35 PM

a good 10-15 c over what i would like to see. but on air you cant ask for much lol

vohiep84 October 24, 2010 05:50 PM

Yeah those tempatures are too high.

bvsbutthd101 October 24, 2010 07:52 PM

i only have it 1 setting above 1.3 v on the vcore. I think it's like 1.3065 v

rjbarker October 24, 2010 08:05 PM

Too hot dude...Sagath nailed it....personally my OC's (including my 980X) don't exceed around 75C on Full Load testing........you'd have been better of with a good Air Cooler (Push / Pull) vs that Corsair H50 push / pull....

Also....again....that highly OC'd 480 is doing nothing for you but increasing overall Temps...:doh:

mkultra October 24, 2010 08:06 PM

who cares about temp under linx?
i mean it's not meant to be run daily, what's your temp at when doing the most CPU taxing thing you usally do?

rjbarker October 24, 2010 08:13 PM

Quote:

who cares about temp under linx?
i mean it's not meant to be run daily, what's your temp at when doing the most CPU taxing thing you usally do?
:ph34r:

I think most of us "serious" OC'ers DO care what our Load Temps are while running Stress testing to "prove" stability......I for one certainly do.......:bleh:

OP...if you can reduce yuor QPI Voltage (Vtt) from 200mv you'll reduce your Load Temps.....as your running relatively low vCore you may be able to by doing a little more tweaking with your QPI PLL and IOH / ICH Voltages......

bvsbutthd101 October 24, 2010 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rjbarker (Post 442271)
:ph34r:

I think most of us "serious" OC'ers DO care what our Load Temps are while running Stress testing to "prove" stability......I for one certainly do.......:bleh:

That's why I'm asking you guys, when I was watching this stress test, I was about to stop it when I saw the temps get that high, Do you think it could be my thermal compound, I might have to much on. If so which method should I use, rice grain trick and let the heatsink spread it out, or spread it out myself? I justt reduced the vcore to 1.3 v and the QPI to auto, I'll reduced the VTT now. 100 mv should be good right?