Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > CPU's and Motherboards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 7, 2010, 03:35 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by botat29 View Post
OC ? , why everything have to be OC..... from what I read the cooler need for OCing will block the pci-e.
This is true, you can't really practically overclock the cpu and use a gpu card at the same time as there will be almost no heat sinks that wont block a pci-e lane that close. The only thing i can think of is watercool and well thats not air cooled.
Old October 7, 2010, 03:58 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by botat29 View Post
OC ? , why everything have to be OC..... from what I read the cooler need for OCing will block the pci-e.
First of all, because OC is damn fun and give you a performance boost where you need when your CPU is getting age.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arinoth View Post
This is true, you can't really practically overclock the cpu and use a gpu card at the same time as there will be almost no heat sinks that wont block a pci-e lane that close. The only thing i can think of is watercool and well thats not air cooled.
H50 H70 would work just perfect with that :) Or, just mount like a 212+ on the other direction and it will work...Heatskink problem fixed yay:D

Martin_metal_88
Colenzo : See system spec!

Odysseus : I7 860 @ 3.6Ghz || GA P55-UD5 || G.skill Ripjaws F3-16000 2000Mhz 2X2GB || Coolermaster ATCS 840 || Silverstone Strider plus 850W || WD 640 black - WD 1TB green - Samsung F3 2TB || MSI 5670 1GB Cyclone ||Coolermaster Hyper 212 + ||

Old October 7, 2010, 04:05 PM
Allstar

Don’t get me wrong…. I like the ocing of Windwithme , it’s show that he try and push this board, it give me confidence , and it’s why I order one. Now someone know if those Intel new GPU-CPU are good for HTPC, after all it’s what I intend to do with this board.
Old December 11, 2010, 09:04 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin_metal_88 View Post
Sweet power from a mini monster! Curious how long the board could keep a 4Ghz and over OC.
How about 6 minutes, 18 seconds and 469 milliseconds.

ITX Overclocking Contest: H55N-USB3

Of course, the dry ice won't fit in your case too well.