Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > CPU's and Motherboards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 6, 2010, 09:45 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay51 View Post
ill get on that today..iil call em up in a bit. i have a way with ppl..:)
we wil see how i make out..

edit..the board posts just not till 3rd power cysle tho.... froze on CF again which is CMOS CHECK,
Anything is better than FF! They loved to turn on and stay at FF. The irony of FF is it's supposed to be "fully functional", in my case it was "fully failed". Good luck!
Old October 6, 2010, 10:03 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

^^ You got that right JM...thankfully I neve had to deal with the FF bug !!!

Quote:
Well, if Asus di it why wouldn't evga sell their bios chip?
Not sure where your going with this Martin....I do know that Registered Board owners were recieving the new BIOS chips "free" from Evga (around $5 for shipping)....Jason would likely have to pay for it if it aint Registered...

Jason, either send an email to Evga / Support or go to the Evga / Forum / 780i Mobo and post....

EVGA nForce 7 Series

Include "Jacob...780i Bios Chip" in the Subject...or something like that.....could be kinda fun playing around with that Board and a soldering iron....

Old October 6, 2010, 10:34 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjbarker View Post

Not sure where your going with this Martin....I do know that Registered Board owners were recieving the new BIOS chips "free" from Evga (around $5 for shipping)....Jason would likely have to pay for it if it aint Registered...

Jason, either send an email to Evga / Support or go to the Evga / Forum / 780i Mobo and post....

EVGA nForce 7 Series

Include "Jacob...780i Bios Chip" in the Subject...or something like that.....could be kinda fun playing around with that Board and a soldering iron....
i called evga ,no chips available ..i told him i purchased mobo used...he will work ith me,,,if i can get a invoice he said np to rmaa...
honesty makes life easy i find,,,,i was 100% honest i bought mobo used....even tho wsnt registered in 30days..he says if i provided invoice np...free board....
we are communicating via email now...wishh me luck

"Be so good at what you do that you cant be ignored"

Old October 6, 2010, 10:36 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:

EVGA nForce 7 Series

if i cant rma it..... il puull out soldering iron...hehe

Old October 6, 2010, 10:56 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
if i cant rma it..... il puull out soldering iron...hehe
Hopefully Evga will pull through for ya....if not...why not with the soldering iron...at this point you have nothing to lose ;)

btw....let me know which of those GPU's I sold you still require "Lifetime Warranty" I have Invoices (they have been uploaded to Evga Web Site) for 8800GTX (no longer Registered but still have Invoice)...Registered and Invoices uploaded for 3 x 280's (and have Hard Copies here at home if you ever want me to mail them to you)...

Good luck ;)

Old October 6, 2010, 11:41 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Hopefully Evga will pull through for ya....if not...why not with the soldering iron...at this point you have nothing to lose ;)

btw....let me know which of those GPU's I sold you still require "Lifetime Warranty" I have Invoices (they have been uploaded to Evga Web Site) for 8800GTX (no longer Registered but still have Invoice)...Registered and Invoices uploaded for 3 x 280's (and have Hard Copies here at home if you ever want me to mail them to you)...

Good luck ;)
looks like it maybe solder time...no invoice, il try talk to evga 1 more time... extremely friendly ppl...
you can unregisteer both... the one i sold here is back for sale ... so now its 3ppl away from me... im useing the 5770 i won here,atm..
i will dig out the other 280 and pm serial# for card i have left...im bad for piling up parts.. lost my floor again..lol
i tested it then added to parts pile,, il o digging soon..

edit 8800gtx is still working Awesome .... great gpu..

Old October 6, 2010, 02:16 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

^^^ heh hem...its called "Hoarding" Jason.....no matter how ou cut it ;) Tell me about...lets see. I presently have and not being used:

1. HX 1kW PSU
2. I7 920 C1
3. BNIB 6 GB Corsair Domonator GT C8 2000 Mhz ( I'm using the Air Flow Fan)....hahahahha

Let me know if your interested in any of this stuff...may keep the PSU for troubleshooting....ugh...now I'm hoarding !!!

Old October 6, 2010, 02:39 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
^^^ heh hem...its called "Hoarding" Jason.....no matter how ou cut it ;) Tell me about...lets see. I presently have and not being used:

1. HX 1kW PSU
2. I7 920 C1
3. BNIB 6 GB Corsair Domonator GT C8 2000 Mhz ( I'm using the Air Flow Fan)....hahahahha

Let me know if your interested in any of this stuff...may keep the PSU for troubleshooting....ugh...now I'm hoarding !!!
im thinking about the i7. just thinking tho...
everything here gets passed on,just taking time .. im moving soon so it is all going soon..except my personal pc..
then i get to collect more jk

Old October 7, 2010, 11:03 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Very good......the extra "parts" are in my closet.....good luck with the move !!