Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > CPU's and Motherboards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 5, 2010, 03:25 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

^^^^ Not me ;) ......I can say that my Daughter and Son in law are presently using my "old" Evga 780i Board with a E8400 (at 3.8 Ghz) and they have had no issues.....wwwhheew.....maybe I got the only good one !

Please let me know Jason how you make out checking the Pins.......I had a Evga vanilla X58 (758) Board which "periodically" required me to power down the PSU completely......then power it back up in order to Post....drove me nuts for about a week as I was trying to find a stable OC on my 920 at the time....
Anyhow, some cat on Evga Forum suspected bent pin on Mobo....sure as shit pulled the CPU and I guess I did bend one pin a tad......had a Jeweller repair it for me.....used the Board for awhile with no issues then Stepped up to new Board.........

Old October 5, 2010, 07:29 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

MY suggestion for that board is this -> EVGA | Evolve | Give us your old, your outdated, your working...

I had one, probably had it RMA'ed 3 different times. Complete junk and bad luck. I'd take advantage of this offer while it lasts. It'll put you part way towards a nice low end board.
Old October 5, 2010, 10:07 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

i purchased it from another member, the board worked finee for 5-6 months for me..
bob,the pins are all perfectly straight ,,it just its time i think..
after working more on i decided i will not fixing at my expense., not after 18 months i cant see him doing it for 18month myself..fishy to me aswel .. he agrees to pay for new mobo and il replace it for..there is no options left i tested EVERYTHING spent hrs on it again today and i mean everything...even push on bios chip..

thanks guys

"Be so good at what you do that you cant be ignored"

Old October 5, 2010, 10:09 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMCD View Post
MY suggestion for that board is this -> EVGA | Evolve | Give us your old, your outdated, your working...

I had one, probably had it RMA'ed 3 different times. Complete junk and bad luck. I'd take advantage of this offer while it lasts. It'll put you part way towards a nice low end board.
thanks for the link..i will look into this..

edit..this is a problem ,,You must upload a copy of your invoice to be approved...
time for new board i guess..

Old October 5, 2010, 11:02 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Stab in the dark here Jason....but perhaps the Member you purchased it from still has it Registered with Evga?...

Old October 5, 2010, 11:29 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay51 View Post
thanks for the link..i will look into this..

edit..this is a problem ,,You must upload a copy of your invoice to be approved...
time for new board i guess..
Ah sorry, didn't realize you weren't the original owner. You can pick up a cheap P35 board on the forums here and just drop your cpu/ram in there, should run a lot nicer than the nvidia board. I sure haven't forgotten my headaches from my 780i.
Old October 6, 2010, 08:33 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Seeing as how the Board is likely destined for the junk pile, maybe fun / "learning" to see if Evga can mail you a working Bios Chip (in the mail)......if you get your mitts on it you maybe able to fart around and just may get get it to post.....just a thought....

According to some folks over at Evga that have pooched thier Bios Flash, Evga has mailed the new Chips to customers.

Old October 6, 2010, 08:51 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjbarker View Post
Seeing as how the Board is likely destined for the junk pile, maybe fun / "learning" to see if Evga can mail you a working Bios Chip (in the mail)......if you get your mitts on it you maybe able to fart around and just may get get it to post.....just a thought....

According to some folks over at Evga that have pooched thier Bios Flash, Evga has mailed the new Chips to customers.
Well, if Asus di it why wouldn't evga sell their bios chip?

Martin_metal_88
Colenzo : See system spec!

Odysseus : I7 860 @ 3.6Ghz || GA P55-UD5 || G.skill Ripjaws F3-16000 2000Mhz 2X2GB || Coolermaster ATCS 840 || Silverstone Strider plus 850W || WD 640 black - WD 1TB green - Samsung F3 2TB || MSI 5670 1GB Cyclone ||Coolermaster Hyper 212 + ||

Old October 6, 2010, 09:33 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjbarker View Post

ill get on that today..iil call em up in a bit. i have a way with ppl..:)
we wil see how i make out..

edit..the board posts just not till 3rd power cysle tho.... froze on CF again which is CMOS CHECK,

Old October 6, 2010, 09:35 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin_metal_88 View Post
Well, if Asus di it why wouldn't evga sell their bios chip?
worth a shot bud..ii love learning,il pay em for it if they like..